All purpose jacket for daily wear and hunting

Hi all. I am looking for some advice on a jacket that is windproof that I can wear daily but also wear hunting. It would need to be a spring/fall Midwest jacket as I wear an arcteryx puffy in the cold winter. My daily jacket is covered in oil stains from working in the garage. The Sitka jet stream is on sale in solids and seems reasonable. So is the KUIU chugach in solids. I currently have a camo chugach and a Sitka timberline. So I am not sure if there would be a good addition to my jacket list that would serve two roles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rratzlaff1490

Lil-Rokslider
Love the Kuiu guide or Kutana in solids. The Kutana cuts the wind a little better then the guide and is overall more comfortable IMO.

Reactions: OMB

Rodéo

WKR
I use the kuiu kutana and pelaton 240 as daily wear and for hunting. Kutana is in loden and pelaton in brown. 240 cuts the wind slightly better but the kutana is more streamlined for fit as a mid layer when hunting and the added insulation is nice on chilly days.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a slate color KUIU Kenai that I wear around town, haven't worn it hunting yet but that's what it was designed for. I just wish I would have gotten the XXL, definitely fits tighter than most XL's.......and I'm skinny, at 6'6" 220.

come2elmo

WKR
i found myself wearing my sitka jetstream in moss quite a bit this year. It does a great job in the mild winters here in south texas and with the pit zips and other venting it worked out well.

Superdoo

WKR
I bought one of these after seeing it recommended last year as an alternative to the Jetstream. It has been very versatile. It can be found for $100.

I bought one of these after seeing it recommended last year as an alternative to the Jetstream. It has been very versatile. It can be found for $100.

A tactical jacket that comes in size 8X, that's the most american thing I've seen all day

I just got a Columbia Ascender jacket and a Outdoor Research Ferrosi winter and they are both solid options that I bought for everyday and hunting. Ones a soft shell and ones a insulated soft shell. Both awesome.

I use the kuiu kutana and pelaton 240 as daily wear and for hunting. Kutana is in loden and pelaton in brown. 240 cuts the wind slightly better but the kutana is more streamlined for fit as a mid layer when hunting and the added insulation is nice on chilly days.
So right i can remember

OP
ryjack70ss
Went with Sitka Jetstream in Covert green. Really like it. Blocks wind and sheds light rain very well. Will replace my around town rain jacket and will be a great fall and spring jacket as well as a winder jacket during activity. Thanks fellas.

OP
ryjack70ss
Went with Sitka Jetstream in Covert green. Really like it. Blocks wind and sheds light rain very well. Will replace my around town rain jacket and will be a great fall and spring jacket as well as a winder jacket during activity. Thanks fellas.

D S 319

WKR
I bought the Sitka aero lite kelvin jacket in coyote and have been extremely pleased with it so far for everyday use. I would also be very pleased with the jet stream I would assume.