Allowing your son/daughter to punch your tag? Thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratbeetle

WKR
You're a fool, antihunters wont decide the fate of hunting.

Its how the 80% of the folks that don't have an opinion either way that will, they have the majority vote, not anti's and not hunters. How we conduct ourselves in the field is a reflection of hunting. I would guess non-hunters read this board and others. The slack jawed, mouth breathers that find following very, very basic hunting regulations bothersome, are a reflection on all hunters. I don't tolerate it, never have, never will.

If I were a non-hunter, not an antihunter, I would find it pretty strange that someone who claims to care so much about the Sport, and so much about wildlife, would find breaking the law/regulations as no big deal. Probably enough to sway my opinion. Even as a hunter, I find it impossible to defend a good portion of the "hunters" out there each year. Guys like you, and the actions you're promoting, really give me pause....and frankly before I'm lumped in with people who disregard hunting regulations, I'd quit hunting, join PETA and take up golf.

No excuses and no room for illegal behavior, even less for parents who would tell their kids to lie and break the law.

I couldn't really care any less what you think. You've proven time and again through your posts that you haven't a clue.

Should have left you on ignore.

BuzzH

WKR
I couldn't really care any less what you think. You've proven time and again through your posts that you haven't a clue.

Should have left you on ignore.

Its intuitively obvious you don't care about anyone, or anything else but yourself...your posts on this subject prove that, time and time again.

Congrats!

Rich M

WKR
This whole speeding analogy some of you are trying to pawn off is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, those things are not even remotely on the same plane. There are degrees of breaking laws, speeding is on the absolute lowest tier, poaching is WAY up there and if you disagree with that statement just take a look at the legal and social consequences of breaking each law: going 10 MPH over the limit = small fine and nobody cares, poaching = thousands of dollars in fines, confiscation of hunting equipment, loss of hunting privileges and you become a social pariah (look for threads on Mr. Greentree on this very forum for evidence).

Our opinions differ greatly - Speeding kills people - simple and very understandable. It's called murder or manslaughter when it happens. Opps - didn't see that kid step out but I'd only get a $150 ticket for speeding, so it aint a big deal. LOL! Vehicle accidents are often caused when folks drive too fast. I work in roadway and entire state laws get changed cause some moron runs over a kid - often at a crosswalk - and it is often speeding that causes this. "Nobody cares" til you kill their family in an accident. "But we all do it. "

A kid shooting a deer/elk/ram whatever on his dad's tag kills exactly 1 animal that was/is gonna die anyway. There was a license, a tag, etc. The only reason it is not legal in some areas is cause guys get butt hurt over a kid shooting on his dad's tag. It should be 100% legal to have someone on a hunt with you and allow them to use your tag - provided of course they don't have their own.

We have guest hunters down here - I can draw a tag and bring a guest and share my limit. Some states have mentor hunters or youth trainee hunters.

Poachers need to be punished or more guys would do it. I just don't see a kid filling his dad's tag as poaching. Some guy getting his jollies off by shooting trophy game for ego or perhaps you tube views is diff than what parents share w kids.

Social pariah made me laugh. Thanks - a good laugh. A dude trying to make himself a hero is diff from someone being shunned for a mistake.

Anyway, I'm 100% against youth hunting seasons and such. Was carrying a bow, ML, and 3006 at the age of 8 chasing deer by myself, dad went another direction... Used my mom's 20 GA at age of 5 for rabbits and such. I had a hunting license, not a youth license. A hunter gets a hunting license, special privilege for elderly and cripples, everyone else on the same playing field and same cost per tag.

Lots of haters out there. If you want to split hairs, start w yourself.

Btaylor

WKR
You're a fool, antihunters wont decide the fate of hunting.

Its how the 80% of the folks that don't have an opinion either way that will, they have the majority vote, not anti's and not hunters. How we conduct ourselves in the field is a reflection of hunting. I would guess non-hunters read this board and others. The slack jawed, mouth breathers that find following very, very basic hunting regulations bothersome, are a reflection on all hunters. I don't tolerate it, never have, never will.

If I were a non-hunter, not an antihunter, I would find it pretty strange that someone who claims to care so much about the Sport, and so much about wildlife, would find breaking the law/regulations as no big deal. Probably enough to sway my opinion. Even as a hunter, I find it impossible to defend a good portion of the "hunters" out there each year. Guys like you, and the actions you're promoting, really give me pause....and frankly before I'm lumped in with people who disregard hunting regulations, I'd quit hunting, join PETA and take up golf.

No excuses and no room for illegal behavior, even less for parents who would tell their kids to lie and break the law.
The dude said he wouldnt allow his kid to punch the tag. Some of you freakin people need to take a pause and get off your soap box and read what was posted. Personally, I would not allow it in an area where the regulations did not support it. My dad made me climb trees and watch him bowhunt until I was old enough and strong enough to draw and accurately shoot a 50# bow. It didnt hurt me one bit actually made me a fairly decent hunter. That said I get his point about does it change anything from a management perspective, it doesnt, one tag was given and one tag was filled. Calling him a poacher and a fool is just not called for. Too damn many people looking for any reason in the world to attack someone else for a differing opinion or questioning a rule. And you people are concerned about what the anti's and non-hunters think? Do you think any of them want to be associated with a group that eats their own with the verocity that hunters do. Maybe try practicing what you preach before you lecture everyone else.

Rich M

WKR
Then as parents step up to the plate and follow all laws. Kids know what you should be doing and when you don't.

BuzzH

WKR
The dude said he wouldnt allow his kid to punch the tag. Some of you freakin people need to take a pause and get off your soap box and read what was posted. Personally, I would not allow it in an area where the regulations did not support it. My dad made me climb trees and watch him bowhunt until I was old enough and strong enough to draw and accurately shoot a 50# bow. It didnt hurt me one bit actually made me a fairly decent hunter. That said I get his point about does it change anything from a management perspective, it doesnt, one tag was given and one tag was filled. Calling him a poacher and a fool is just not called for. Too damn many people looking for any reason in the world to attack someone else for a differing opinion or questioning a rule. And you people are concerned about what the anti's and non-hunters think? Do you think any of them want to be associated with a group that eats their own with the verocity that hunters do. Maybe try practicing what you preach before you lecture everyone else.

Too damn many people looking for any ways/reasons to skirt and defy basic, basic, hunting regulations...

Its really easy to find legal ways to do things, that are much easier, already listed them in a previous post.

I do practice what I preach...for the record.

Btaylor

WKR
Again with the reading...but you dont hesitate to attack another hunter in a public forum. If you really practiced what you preached you could send a PM and call him a fool or poacher all you want I suppose and it wouldnt be in the public domain for non-hunter to point to and say just look at those people. I could have done that with this message as well. If you want hunters to represent well in the public domain, which I am completely in favor of, maybe we need to start with how we treat each other before we get off in the weeds on rules and regs.

BuzzH

WKR
Again with the reading...but you dont hesitate to attack another hunter in a public forum. If you really practiced what you preached you could send a PM and call him a fool or poacher all you want I suppose and it wouldnt be in the public domain for non-hunter to point to and say just look at those people. I could have done that with this message as well. If you want hunters to represent well in the public domain, which I am completely in favor of, maybe we need to start with how we treat each other before we get off in the weeds on rules and regs.

A better start would be for everyone to start following, reading, and comprehending the basic hunting regulations...

Status
Not open for further replies.