Allterra Arms C2 Action Review ***Updated 8/15/22***

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi all, I have the new C2 action from Allterra and will be putting together my dream deer rifle with it. It showed up a few days ago and I couldn't be more excited. Im waiting on a few more small pieces to the puzzle before I send everything off to the gunsmith.

I have the short action mag bolt face with the intention of building a 6.5 PRC or SAUM.

I'll be updating this thread as I go along with my thoughts on the action and why I am so excited to try it out.
It is not your typical Rem 700 clone. Let's just put it that way. There are some cool features and details with this action that set it apart.

***Update 8/15/22*** Allterra Arms C2 Action Review

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
90ae075f6ec9e8a43a9c7c95d5dd471b.jpg

7e899f2d05f9623e042991eadef5d507.jpg

016a54151e2673364c8d6c26a1799534.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team AllTerra

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
We're excited to see this build come to life for you Travis. If you or anyone else has questions for us as the project progresses, feel free to tag us here so that we receive a notification and we'll be happy to chime in! Thank you to those above who have expressed interest in the C2 Action. It's a product that we've worked hard on and are proud to offer. They are machined here at our shop, about 35 feet from where this message is being typed. It's our own guys - serious hunters, shooters, and machining engineers - who maintain 100% of the quality control and strict tolerances in the receivers and bolts. They care immensely about making the best product possible!

Merry Christmas all.

We're excited to see this build come to life for you Travis. If you or anyone else has questions for us as the project progresses, feel free to tag us here so that we receive a notification and we'll be happy to chime in! Thank you to those above who have expressed interest in the C2 Action. It's a product that we've worked hard on and are proud to offer. They are machined here at our shop, about 35 feet from where this message is being typed. It's our own guys - serious hunters, shooters, and machining engineers - who maintain 100% of the quality control and strict tolerances in the receivers and bolts. They care immensely about making the best product possible!

Merry Christmas all.
Does the action accept Rem700 bases? It’s not listed as an option on the info sheet.

Why?
I am hand loading and that's part of the problem, I have good dies and brass sitting here waiting for this build in 6.5 PRC
There is a common problem with the 6.5PRC Saami chamber and sizing dies not being able to size the base small enough. It’s a chamber problem and not a die problem though.
Alex wheeler has specd a reamer to fix this problem and I know JGS has the print on hand. Not sure who you are using for your build but if they have the custom reamer then you should be good to go. If Saami you may run into sizing problems after a few firings at the base.
Plus I’m a sucker for the 6.5SAUM as I’ve killed my best buck to date with it and it’s my favorite rifle built by my brother.

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
Does the action accept Rem700 bases? It’s not listed as an option on the info sheet.
Scope Base:

Drilled and tapped to accept any two-piece Remington 4, 6, 74, 7400, 7600 base.
Fits solid one-piece, pinned pic rail and two-piece pinned Talley rings available from AllTerra Arms.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a common problem with the 6.5PRC Saami chamber and sizing dies not being able to size the base small enough. It’s a chamber problem and not a die problem though.
Alex wheeler has specd a reamer to fix this problem and I know JGS has the print on hand. Not sure who you are using for your build but if they have the custom reamer then you should be good to go. If Saami you may run into sizing problems after a few firings at the base.
Plus I’m a sucker for the 6.5SAUM as I’ve killed my best buck to date with it and it’s my favorite rifle built by my brother.

I’m aware of that and my smith has the new reamer. Thanks.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
6edf836bce77d77528500579335e3473.jpg

8a197884021606dc9b7d4929482a5fdb.jpg

This build is getting close! I received these pictures from the gunsmith today, Travis Stevens with TS Customs. I’m very excited to get this back after cerakote and see how accurate this rifle is. I chose Travis because he has a reputation on building amazing rifles and he does a ton of 6.5 PRCs.

Also, I caught up with allterra at the hunt expo. Here is a video we did on this action.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any updates here?
Did I miss what stock and glass your going with?
I am going with an XLR Element 4.0 chassis if @XLR ever gets magnesium in!
As far as optics, I am going with a Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5x22 in MRAD. It is sitting in a set of Hawkins Precision Ultra light Tactical rings.

The gunsmithing is done! I sent the action to another gunsmith for his thoughts on the action from a builders perspective. Once I get it back, it will be getting the barrel stabilized, and load development in another chassis! super excited and I hope it will shoot as good as it looks!

Reactions: XLR