Almost time :)

jmez

WKR
Oh there's going to be a blizzard. If you don't have a room I'd go get one.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, we're in a room. Doing school work and watching The Green Mile.

Maybe I should go put my chains on now.

jmez

WKR
If this does what they say you won't be leaving the room tomorrow. They are closing interstate from Chamberlain to WY at 11pm. They aren't opening it tomorrow.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Things are looking good. Studying trauma PowerPoints and Mrs. Fatcamp is adjusting some pack issues. Changed her cheekrest and put a gunbearer on the Pintler. Thinking we will go out at noon. We know a spot where deer congregate during weather, we just have to get to it without being seen.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Things are looking good. Studying trauma PowerPoints and Mrs. Fatcamp is adjusting some pack issues. Changed her cheekrest and put a gunbearer on the Pintler. Thinking we will go out at noon. We know a spot where deer congregate during weather, we just have to get to it without being seen.
Good luck

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
No deer. Awesome afternoon together. By far the toughest conditions we have hunted in.

KIMG2450.JPG

This entire trip has been tough weather wise. Two weeks ago the forecast was calling for highs in the 40's and no precipitation. Just got steadily worse until most of our hunting was done in the teens and twenties. Our gear is solid if a little bulky so we are no worse for the wear, but some cash towards modern clothing may be in order. So proud of my wife for sticking it out. I know she dislikes the cold and takes some coaxing, but once out there she is as driven as anyone. If we just had a couple more days I'm sure we could find her a nice buck when the weather breaks. Oh well, we don't judge our adventures on kills which is a good thing.

KIMG2445.JPG

Nice shot of her duct tape cheek rest mod.

lif

WKR
Glad you guys had fun. Been on many great trips without killing something.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
All right! I see a lot of steaks, chops, burger in that pic. Nice shooting too.!

Thank you. It's our only big game animal of the season so will be handled with even more care than usual.

This was a great experience for us. Not the easiest hunt we have been on, but saw tons of cool stuff and will have a nice rack to remember it for years to come.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That storm seems to have caused that place crash n
Thank you. It's our only big game animal of the season so will be handled with even more care than usual.

This was a great experience for us. Not the easiest hunt we have been on, but saw tons of cool stuff and will have a nice rack to remember it for years to come.
Thanks for taking us. You did well

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Shot two years and ten miles apart. We see a lot of three points in this unit. Wonder if they would ever turn into four points or if this is what they are.

KIMG2455~2.JPG

Ajt5110

FNG
That’s amazing to have seen these updates as it happened! Gorgeous country and an awesome buck!