Aloha from Hawai'i

SmotPoker

FNG
Hey everyone. Been lurking for a looooong time here on Rokslide, decided to join the party.

Born and raised in Hawai'i and live on Kaua'i. Grew up fishing and one day we chased some wild pigs with our pocket knives. My friend bought a bow shortly after, and then I followed suit. Have been backpacking and backcountry hunting here in Kaua'i since I was 15 years old. Progressed from my bow to dog and knife hunting for pigs, then when I was old enough I purchased my first firearm and have been rifle hunting since, with and without the dogs for nearly 20 years. My range of experience will be a little different than a lot of you, and maybe I'll have some viewpoints you all haven't though of since I live on a wet rainy island. Hope to learn a lot and share a little!

Attachments

• rampose.JPG
    rampose.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 38

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Aloha and welcome to Rokslide! Have you cracked the code on any of those elusive Kauai blacktail yet?!

atmat

WKR
Welcome! Kauai is beautiful. We’ve got family in Maui so we visit the islands quite a bit. Never hunted them but would love to one day!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new HI member.

Eddie

P.S. You get the FNG Gold Star today for including a pic with your intro. 👍

OP
S

SmotPoker

FNG
Aloha and welcome to Rokslide! Have you cracked the code on any of those elusive Kauai blacktail yet?!
I do fairly well conpared to many. Theres a lot of deer here and its not difficult to put yourself on fresh sign. Sneaking up on those things is another story. I think the reported success rate is like 2% or even lower. When me and a few friends go out it feels like 75% one of us will get something. We dont hunt the typical areas most go however.
ninjas is another story.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I do fairly well conpared to many. Theres a lot of deer here and its not difficult to put yourself on fresh sign. Sneaking up on those things is another story. I think the reported success rate is like 2% or even lower. When me and a few friends go out it feels like 75% one of us will get something. We dont hunt the typical areas most go however.
ninjas is another story.
I would say you and your buddies are crushing it! I haven't built up enough courage to go over there and humiliate myself yet but it's definitely a hunt that seems like regardless the result would be a fun adventure.