Alone guy and cutting the cord

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I am constantly prepping for the hoped return of Alone guy, mainly by watching the show. I’m so sick of Xfinity, however, that I almost made a critical mistake and switched to YouTube TV. Thankfully during my free trial I realized that History channel (and A&E) isn’t on YouTube TV. (You can get it on Amazon Prime, but only after the entire season is aired.)

Anyone else cut the cord and can share some other big channels missing? Plenty of info out there on what’s included, but not the opposite.

FWIW, as of now I may get Philo too in order to fill my Alone (guy) needs.

Cut the cord over a year ago. A couple times a year there's a game I want to catch that is a bit more cumbersome but other than that I have zero regrets. Amazon, hulu, and netflix offer plenty entertainment.

satchamo

WKR
You should be able to watch it with the history channel app for free - that’s how I watch it via Roku

tdhanses

WKR
Checkout Sling TV, blue package has it and at $35 it’s not a bad deal even if you don’t watch much. No local channels with it.

I cut the cord years ago.

Brendan

WKR
Alone is free on the website and through the app. I've been watching via the web.

YouTube TV subscriber here.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I recently started trying Peacock. So far so good... No Alone though. Netflix only has one season.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I don't watch any TV, why? because there is nothing worth watching. I get all my information from reading but even with that, one has to read past the BS and try to figure out the truth, or what they chose to accept as the truth.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t have tv over 15 years. I live w a woman now who wants it but I ain’t paying for that junk

I have two sports-bars I go to if I need to watch a particular game.
Can't hardly stand watching DVD movies either.
To mind numbing.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t have tv over 15 years. I’m a commercial electrician but was doing a surround sound thing for some other contractor while we were slow. The customer come over to me kinda whispery asking “if it was my house, what would I do?”
When I told him I didn’t have tv and would rather watch the rednecks fight out the window, he walked away kinda deflated. I don’t share his excitement about watching some liberal fruit loops.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our cable was pretty reasonable when we first go it, but it would go up a buck or two almost every month. Eventually it was very expensive. I called the cable company up and said I wanted to go back to the introductory price, still offered for new customers. The gal said that's only for new customers. I said how about folks that have been loyal customers for several years? Didn't really have an answer, so I ditched cable, but not before trying out a $19 antenna that you stick on your wall. I got three local channels (ABC, Fox and NBC) in addition to PBS and a few other misc channels- all in HD, all free. I do like to watch the local news, so that was important.

Brought my cable box in a couple of weeks later AND now they want to make me a good deal- too late says me.

We stream Prime and Netflix. Roughly $25 a month vs $125 a month. I miss some sporting events not having a CBS channel, but it hasn't been too bad, saving $1200 a year softens the blow :)

jbp7hl

FNG
Is cutting the cord and subscribing to all these other streaming providers cheaper than just sticking with DIRECTV or something similar?