Alone show on Netflix / History channel

Just watched season 6. Really enjoyed it. 10 people spend a couple of months in the Canadian Arctic surviving alone with only basic gear. not as “synthetic feeling” as a lot of “reality TV“. Some good suspense. A little action. Plenty of intentional and unintentional humor.

**spoiler alert** it gets pretty obvious who is going to win about half way through. One chick cuts her hand, stanbs herself with an arrow, sets her shelter on fire. Another guy is like “I am eating a mouse and a turd covered mushroom”. The last guy is like ”darn, a wolverine got into my moose meat cache. I only have 300# left“

definitely a cool show.

rob86jeep

WKR
The winner was on Kifarucast and the Joe Rogan Experience if you want to hear a little more about him. He goes into a lot of detail about his past life experiences that enabled him to win Alone on the JRE. Pretty interesting.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
The wife and I watched a couple seasons during lockdown, and you definitely start to get a feel for who will make it longer than others pretty quickly. I felt bad for the guy who ate his "pet" squirrel in the arctic season.

The first couple seasons were kind of pathetic. They cast a bunch of YouTube “bushcrafters” who have never spent more than a few hours out of arms reach of a square meal and a hot shower... but they could build deadfall traps,.,....... it was painful to watch. The last two seasons they have actually cast hunters and people who spend real time in the outdoors. It is much better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I agree. The first season was ok just because it was something new, the others were spotty. I think it hit its' worse with the "Alone..... Together" season. The last two seasons (including the one that is running now) have been really enjoyable, a lot better contestants.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Seems like a lot of luck is involved, especially in the early seasons. Some people just weren’t in good spots to get good food or shelter, if I remember right the winner on the first season was getting fish most days while other people weren’t getting anything, then a guy flipped a canoe and quit because he was a bitch then a chick put her hatchet into her hand because she was careless so the guy automatically won.

OP
Desk Jockey
Was moose man eating that reindeer lichen? Seemed like he had no carbs at all apart from blue and crow berries. I don’t recall see him harvest anything but berries.

I’m still mad about season 2 the Army Sniper was loving life out there and then just said screw it I’m leaving..... went out in a cool way though but he was my fav

Beendare

WKR
I love that show. I went back and started from the beginning....just finished season 3.

in 3 there are some admirable women....I don't want to spoil it.

I do skim the show a lot...typically watching it in 1/2 the time...there is a lot of fluff.

_____

Watched all the past season over a couple months. Really interesting. Some pretty strange tactics used and some outright dangerous behavior.

I try not to pass judgement on the ones that get past the first 2 weeks because we don't really get to see everything that goes into some decisions.

But all the ones that tapped out within 2 weeks.....pretty weak sauce.

you can stream all episodes including new shows as they come out on HULU History Channel.
Season 7 is good so far, one guy has a bad butt house built and seems right at home in the arctic.
I have a ton of issues with his handling of one of his bigger harvests though. Pretty good watching, im always rooting for the chicks, one on this season seems like she will be in at the end.

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
I am current with the show this season and wanted to ask if anyone else noticed the Gun rack behind mark in the after show. Wall was stacked with Gunwerks and Blasers, every gun was one of those two brands. Not sure if they’re all his and he’s letting everyone know he won, or he has a wealthy friend.

WCB

WKR
I like the people that are acting all B.A. then tap out within days. Not sure what season but the one guy tapped out after one night because of black bears. I do agree that some people kind of get the shaft on their spot. Looks like a good time to me.

I wonder if someone were to get a bear down in this show they'd be set. Lack of fat in their diet is the killer for the people who do well.

Jordan Jonas had a moose that definitely made him thrive, but even that thing was so lean he was still wasting away.

Hunters have a bad track record on Alone. I believe he is the only person who has harvested big game on the show.

The guy who one the first season ate primarily slugs from the beach. Lol

Rich M

WKR
We've watched a few seasons and it seems that most of the folks on there are "professionals" in the art of survival and do it for a living.

It is all basic stuff we, as hunters should know and most likely a lot of us did stuff like that as kids - not for 3 months straight, but enough on and off to have sufficient "training" and practice. Snares, sling shots, traditional bows, fires, camping under snow laden pine boughs, fishing without rods & reels, etc. The back country hunters on here would be serious contenders.

They really haven't had many hunters on there. The guys who were tromping around cutting trees and brush to funnel/direct the animals to them? They actually hunt? LOL!

After a day or two or three of checking out your area and maybe hunting big game you can set the gill net on a point and build your hut in the best place to be. Not like you're going anywhere for a while.

Ok - question. Been a few folks who've gotten seriously sick after eating a squirrel or muskrat or fish eggs or something. Do you think that was from eating raw meat or something else?

adamm88

WKR
I am current with the show this season and wanted to ask if anyone else noticed the Gun rack behind mark in the after show. Wall was stacked with Gunwerks and Blasers, every gun was one of those two brands. Not sure if they’re all his and he’s letting everyone know he won, or he has a wealthy friend.

That guy runs a sniper school I believe, hes all decked out in kryptek even when they did his back story.

I would have liked to see more hunting the first season, im not sure if it was allowed im BC.

With bears around wouldn’t it pay off to sit over fish guts or the parts of small game and wait, if not for a bear but some kind of predator