Alone....what roksliders do you think could do it?

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some great responses! I actually think I could do it........never really know until you are there and in the moment.
I do think that there are some bad ass roksliders and it would be kind of cool to see one of them give it a shot. Sitting there in front of a fire with your WKR shirt on or the Embrace The Suck shirt on. It would be epic.

Randy

I would love to participate in the challenge, but my primitive trapping knowledge is zilch. I may be able to make it a month on fishing and foraging

rclouse79

WKR
Watching this with my now 12 year old son has become a summer tradition. If I had never seen the show I would give myself a week tops. After talking trash about every person to tap out early and hearing my son say “Like you could do any better”, I would push myself to where the point where I was truly miserable. Probably around two weeks.
The only former Rokslider I would put any money on would be “Alone Guy”. It would be hilarious if he got on there and was the first to tap.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
A rokslider would just end up making threads about the gear without actually ever going out and trying any of it for themselves. Then, they would try to start customizing all the gear without ever actually seeing how it worked first.

In the end they would do a lot of talking, gear buying and forum posting without actually ever leaving the house.

Last edited:
A rokslide would just end up making g threads about the gear without actually ever going out and trying any of it for themselves. Then, they would try to start customizing all the gear without ever actually seeing how it worked first.

In the end they would do a lot of talking, gear buying and forum posting without actually ever leaving the house.

No doubt .....

Rich M

WKR
I think it would be fun to do Alone, maybe when i retire? The $ isnt enough to lose my job over and no way can take that much pto.

Of the ones Ive seen, Roland was the best. Everyone elsevwas trying to survive, he was making a living. His mindset was diff.

Seen very little of the current episodes. Dont have cable…. Funny how they choose a lot of folks who dhould be able to do it who don’t. Should be a lot of folks lasting for a while on newest episode cause of the fish and ease of catching them.

manitou1

WKR
We can usually peg the last 2-3 finalists just from the attitudes and sometimes their skillsets. Occassionally one or two will medically drop and surprise you. A few are just babies that had no business even attempting it.
Clay and Roland were no brainers, barring injury.
It does seem that with each season they are getting stronger (more qualified) contenders in general.
AUG 11, the Alone season for Labrador frigid/winter conditions begins with six veterans of the show! It should be interesting.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
It'll never be the ones you think can do it. It'll always be the wild cards who win.
Editing.

I think I could suffer a pretty long time, but who knows what happens when you're actually alone and starving.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
that @mtwarden dude likes to eat too much :ROFLMAO:

I actually sent an application/resume in early in its’ production. About a year later I got an email asking if I was still interested. The kicker was that they changed the format to two persons- closely related. I asked my wife, can’t say I ever saw her laugh so loud :D. I asked my brother, sister and two daughters- all had a good laugh.

They’ve since gone back to a solo format (the show is called Alone afterall!), but it’s become very clear that to win it (or even last a decently long period) you need to be willing to starve yourself.

Like I said, I like to eat too damn much!