Alone....what roksliders do you think could do it?

*zap*

WKR
I bet this community would have a high % of people who could survive if they had too....vs the rest of the USA.

No way I would attempt that show...

Did you guys learn nothing from jlhois thread?

This is easy money:

1. Get to Base Camp
2. Inform everyone you're a Well Known Rokslider
3. Steal their BOAL at night
4. ???
5. $500k profit

All 10 items are grainy pictures of a buck in velvet that you leave as your calling card after step 3.

The only thing I can guarantee, all the guys on here saying they could do it, would probably be some of the first gone!
I would say that a good portion of the guys on here have the skills to do it. There is a whole other aspect to being alone that few people can get past. There aren't many folks with the skill set and the required mentality to live alone for a long period of time.

none of us. we are all too addicted to the damn internet and chatting with people. if it will be anyone it will be that one guy with only one post trying to find a lost mule.... or something like that.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I've spent weeks alone in the back country by myself. One hike I did was 17 days straight, and other than running into other hikers along the trail it was all solitude. The issue with Alone is, there is no "goal" you're trying to get to, it's just surviving and living for an unknown amount of time. Not only that, not knowing when your next meal will be when you're starving has to be demoralizing. You need food to have energy, so you can find and catch food... It's a viscous cycle that brings down even the toughest competitors. Only in the recent seasons have guys had luck downing a big game animal, I would not rely on that happening with a trad bow in unfamiliar terrain with zero sustenance to keep you fresh and hunting every day. Trapping and fishing are your best bet and even then it can be days even weeks in between fish and small game.

I've figured out watching the show (every season) that mental toughness and luck is what wins it.

Randle

WKR
Having 12 days of mountain house and a rifle are different than no food and a trad bow thats for sure. Having to build a shelter, to weather who knows how long with little to no food can break you down quick.
1 would probably take rations as 1 of my items. just to get an extra few days of energy and clear thinking right of the bat while i hunted and built the shelter.

The issue with Alone is, there is no "goal" you're trying to get to, it's just surviving and living for an unknown amount of time.
Assuming by the posts that the premise of the show is last person standing in the wilderness, once the person is the last man standing, do they let them know they've won? Or do they just stay out there seeing how long a person can last? How do they tell them they've won?

Assuming by the posts that the premise of the show is last person standing in the wilderness, once the person is the last man standing, do they let them know they've won? Or do they just stay out there seeing how long a person can last? How do they tell them they've won?
Oh sh$&@, did any body remember to tell Bob that he won?!!

CorbLand

WKR
Yes, they take 10 competitors out and drop them in places. They do weekly checks on them and the contestants have to check in a couple times a day via a sat phone. Last one standing wins.

They go get them when they have won.

I would say that a good portion of the guys on here have the skills to do it. There is a whole other aspect to being alone that few people can get past. There aren't many folks with the skill set and the required mentality to live alone for a long period of time.
A couple weeks in the wilderness starts messing with my head…its doesnt take long for me to do some reflecting and then I start realizing all the things I can do better as a husband and father and then I am homesick and then I am done….lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think I have the skills, but mentally and emotionally I would be done.

rclouse79

WKR
I really enjoyed this show the first few seasons. When they started medically pulling everyone it went downhill. I also didn't care for the latest season end of episode recap.

Especially the guy with a couple pounds of smoked salmon he was rationing to last him and the girl the last time. They should at least get some sort of consulation prize if they are forced to leave. I'd be upset for sure if I wasted months of my life to be medically pulled.
In my opinion the med checks should be nothing more than advice with the final decision being up to the contest. If not people pulled against their will should bank 100k. If that were the case I bet the show would turn a blind eye to all but the most serious situations.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I would have trouble with the not having my dog with me.. after 7 days i start getting sepearation anxiety vs the dog lol

Being away from people … ABSOLUTELY. I’m turning into more of a hermit by the day. I would do just fine without human contact.

I know I could manage awhile with basic bush craft and skills … a little curious as to how long but I would be willing to give it a go

WTS
WM down sleeping bag Only used on one trip. 50$ less than what i paid for it.

Potential buyer: How many nights did you sleep in it? What’s your bottom dollar?

Seller: only 63 days in the arctic. I’m holding firm at 50$ off it hasn’t even been washed yet so it has the new smell and the down is still lofty.

A couple weeks in the wilderness starts messing with my head…its doesnt take long for me to do some reflecting and then I start realizing all the things I can do better as a husband and father and then I am homesick and then I am done….lol. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think I have the skills, but mentally and emotionally I would be done.
I used to work solo in the woods. I did a 29 day stint once and that was my absolute breaking limit mentally. This was all before reliable cell phones, so I didn’t really have any way to keep in touch with anyone.I normally would do 10 on and 4 off.

So, let's do something a bit fun instead of the doom and gloom BS.
There are alot of members on the best backcountry hunting site on the net.......
Out of all the members on rokslide.........who do you think would ACTUALLY win on ALONE?
I have a couple in mind but my money would be on formadilious and mtwarden.
And the old guy, Ross.

Let the memes begin.........only 3000 more posts to go.

Randy
I think it’s time for a spin-off