Alpha glass vs Razors......

I cannot believe the kowa has a tripod mount on 32mm but not on the bigger 44...I think this steered me away.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Yes not gonna lie doesn't make sense; however their are a couple mounts that work really nice like the Swaro bino hand or the RRS cinch.

jd65

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this back to the top with another comparison.

for the last 5 months or so I have been using and enjoying some Zeiss SF binos and Gavia spotter. The optics itch got me thinking again so I bought another pair of China razors and and razor Gen 2 65mm spotter. I just got done comparing them. My thoughts are if I didn’t own the Zeiss, I would 100% buy the razors. While I do think the Zeiss are better they are not worth the extra $ to my eyes. Center resolution, I couldn’t tell a difference. The Zeiss bested the razors on the edge to edge clarity and were maybe 2-3 min brighter right at dark. This was done from a tripod. The spotter was again right there with the midrange Gavia especially being 65 vs 85.

while I am keeping the Zeiss, man the razors fit my eyes…..

my conclusion is if you own mid range to upper end sub alpha glass, I don’t think the investment is worth it!

I am certain I would not miss a single animal with the razors that I would see with the Zeiss SF.

I know people will disagree with me, but I have now compared the vortex to almost every alpha bino except the Nl’s and I’m a razor fan.

flame suit ready….😂😎

I might have missed it earlier in the thread but which razors are you comparing, HD’s or UHD’s?