Alps Outdoorz traverse EPs pack

Has anybody had any experience with one of these packs

Sent from my X325–Locked to Life Wireless using Tapatalk

Yes, I did last year. It was a pure nightmare. The frames are garbage. The fabric is garbage. The lifters are garbage. I used it in Montana for an elk hunt and I couldn't wait to get home and purchase a different pack. 40lbs felt like 100. I bought a kifaru when I got home. Its like comparing an old junker that some high schooler used and rotted the piss out of vs a brand new Mercedes-Benz. Run away from the traverse and purchase a kifaru.

aion2come

WKR
My friend took one on his first backpack elk hunt to Colorado a couple years back (against my advice), and came to regret it really quickly! It was smaller than he anticipated since he hadn't invested in small light weight gear, had no load lifters, and tilted to one side because of the extra side pocket on only one side. It took him 2 trips up the mountain with his pile of gear ... and it was painful every step of the way. Going down wasn't any better. The lopsided pack with no load lifters just about killed him. He told me on the way down, "Now I know why you told me to get the better pack."

I wouldn't touch one for a western hunt even if it was given to me free.

If you want to go with that level of pack quality, get either a Badlands (the ones with load lifters), or better yet a Horn Hunter Full Curl system.