Alps Packs w/ Lone Wolf Climber?

pupham

FNG
Hey all,

Im looking for a daypack, and also to upgrade the shoulder straps on my lone wolf. I could go Alps Pursuit, plus some Molle straps, OR, go Alps pathfinder, and try to use that packs suspension to carry the stand, and not buy a Molle, it seems like it could be possible and would keep my spending minimal, but wondering if anyone does this.

New England tree stand hunting, likely won’t be hiking in more than a 1/2mile to a mile.

Thanks!

Luety

FNG
I've seen a lot of people use the suspension system to carry the stand. I've been thinking about getting a frame pack with a smaller bag. I would use the meat shelf to carry stand and sticks then use the bag for gear. I live in Iowa so usually not too far to walk either. The frame pack would give your the option to pack meat out if you ever did roam in further and to get a bigger pack for the same frame if you traveled west.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I’m trying something different this year. I’m going to use a framed pack to carry my climber. My climber is different. I have a Buckshot Bigshot. It has straps but the top of the stand hits my head.

I have an EXO Mtn Gear 4800 system and I am going to strap the stand to the frame. I too am going to use the crib panel to haul meat. Similar to what the post above said. I am going to use tie down straps to strap the stand to my frame.

You make like the frame and it could be an option for you.