Alternative NeoAir Xtherm?

Hey, I've been using the NeoAir Xtherm the last couple seasons. I'd like to upgrade to something a little more comfortable without adding a ton of weight. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Exped Downmat UL Winter and really like it. I have a NeoAir also but I'm not a fan of how loud it is and I find the Exped much more comfortable.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
No, but I have the wide size (25") and I'm 6' tall 175# so I'm not really laying on the edge much. I just prefer not to have my shoulders hang off and will pack an extra few ounces for the added comfort. I've slept on it in temps in the upper teens - low 20's with a 15 deg down bag and it was super warm with no noticeable cold spots.

I went to the new model Nemo Tensor and love it. Very comfortable without a ton of added weight over the xtherm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed my neoair seems to be getting quieter with age. I did essentially hand wash it in soapy water to find a pinhole, so maybe that helped “soften” it up and make it tolerably quiet.

I think the neoairs do get quieter with time. The expeds are a step up comfortwise from the neoairs. Probably the most comfortable pad i've slept on.

I still sleep on a neoair though as i think the weight saving is worth it for me.

Decker9

WKR
I had bought the xtherm max and a exped synmat ul7 at the same time, to test them side by side. The xtherm was like a heating pad, was amazing how it radiated the heat. I ended up keeping the exped, all to do with comfort. The long baffles make for a very good sleep, the outer larger baffles help keep ya on the mat. I just bought the synmat winterlite for my gf, comparing it to my synmat ul, it’s definitely a bit warmer (just side by side in the house). The wide models, are worth it if the tent has the room!!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just can't do the vertical baffles on the Exped mats. Feels like trying to stay on a pool float to me. The Xtherm is a good pad, and the new Static V Luxe SL from Klymit. I have the 30" wide Klymit and it's like sleeping on a bed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
What is the coldest temp you guys are using the insulated tensor down to? Looks great but I am not seeing a R value
Had mine to single digits on top of a ridgerest. Can't speak to it by itself. Always have a closed cell for glassing and insurance. Probably only have 14 nights on the tensor. Very pleased with it. No leaks and have always stayed warm and slept well.

3morefor4

FNG
I just can't do the vertical baffles on the Exped mats. Feels like trying to stay on a pool float to me. The Xtherm is a good pad, and the new Static V Luxe SL from Klymit. I have the 30" wide Klymit and it's like sleeping on a bed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Where did you buy your Klymit?