Alternative to Helinox chair?

I love the Helinox for backpacking but for run & gun predator calling it's a P.I.T.A. to set-up and break down repeatedly and that process can be a bit noisy. Is there a decent folding chair that's about the same size but folds like a regular lawn chair? Something I can strap to my pack and/or ebike?

IMG_0827.JPG

I picked up a chair like this in WY Walmart a few years ago when I forgot my chair. Worked out great and doesn’t weight to much. I think it’s technically a dove hunting chair.

Attachments

• E70E4FBF-62BD-401B-9F8F-CADB03A5EFED.jpeg
    E70E4FBF-62BD-401B-9F8F-CADB03A5EFED.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 65
I do not carry the case for mine. I just wrap the legs up in the fabric. That saves some time on both ends.

If you're not walking through thick brush, have you considered just removing the fabric and bungee cording the frame to the pack assembled?

Just thinking out loud because any alternative that has a back rest is going to be 2 to 5 times the weight. Like these:

JakeSCH

WKR
For running / gunning I just throw a strap through the bottom cross bar of my helinox chair and let it hang off the back of my pack. I'm sure it looks funny but doesn't really have any downsides unless you are in thick brush.

Plus my chair is orange so it doubles as hunters orange :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Superdoo

WKR
For running / gunning I just throw a strap through the bottom cross bar of my helinox chair and let it stick out the back. I'm sure it looks funny but doesn't really have any downsides unless you are in thick brush.

Plus my chair is orange so it doubles as hunters orange :ROFLMAO:

Pics??? :p

OP
Where's Bruce?
6lbs is kinda heavy, and I neglected to mention that it must have a backrest like the Helinox. A Joey is the same thing i already have. Can't haul the Helinox around assembled cuz I'm riding a Bakcou Mule between stands.

bikeonrack1.JPG

JonnyB

WKR
There is a chair sold at field and stream just like the gobbler lounger posted above, but it costs less than 30 bucks and is a little lower to the ground I believe. I’ll measure mine when I get a chance. I strap it to the side of my SG pack during turkey season and balance out the weight with a small stake blind on the other side. Half aired up LCD Avian-X go on the load shelf and then whatever crap I need goes in my bivy mode 6200. Run it the same for predator hunting except no LCDs and my e-caller goes in the pack. I’ve even carried two when I have one of my kids or a buddy with me. Great investment and loads better than the helinox for this instance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonnyB

WKR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shraggs

WKR
I have the chair too, I struggle to shoot with them, too low and reclined for me.

I know you said you need a back rest I’m sure for your injuries - if you you can be comfortable sitting upright... I like and use a walkstool.

two heights, very light and goes into any pocket in a pack. If I’m run and gun I use it but I have a taller bipod too. I also like it if bow hunting from a ground position. For me it’s about less movement and quick deployment and pack up.

*zap*

WKR
For a light & e-z hunting seat I use the top of my Lone Wolf hand climber.....obviously you need a tree. For very large diameter tree's I attach it with a ratchet strap. For bow hunting I like it because I can set it up higher and sit in a manner that is e-z to draw.

robtattoo

WKR
You need a tree or fence post, but these things are LITERALLY the best hunting seat ever made.
Ever.
Im super cereal.

Packs down to nothing, weighs nothing, silent, 30 second setup & I swear, one you've sat in one, you'll never want another hunting chair. Also, there's nothing to break.
I've had one for six years & i'm a PROPER fat bastard. Never a minute's discomfort.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider

Picked one of these up last year and can't say enough good things about it. As stated above, you need a tree or two but they are so comfortable to use.