Alternatives to Easton Injexions

S7even

FNG
Now that easton has discontinued the carbon injexions, what are some good alternatives with around the same gpi and consistency? I would like to stay with a carbon arrow but I am open to going to the 4mm fmjs. I currently shoot the 280s and I would like to stay around 11 or so gpi. The vap ss look like sweet arrows, but they are pretty expensive.

H80Hunter

WKR
There aren't a ton of choices in the 4mm heavy GPI category. BE Deep Impacts? Not sure they're any cheaper though. If you go up to 5mm the Axis is relatively heavy GPI as well. They're a little cheaper than the 4mm arrows.

Now that easton has discontinued the carbon injexions, what are some good alternatives with around the same gpi and consistency? I would like to stay with a carbon arrow but I am open to going to the 4mm fmjs. I currently shoot the 280s and I would like to stay around 11 or so gpi. The vap ss look like sweet arrows, but they are pretty expensive.
Day six arrow would be 11.2 gpi in 300 spine and 10.2 in 350 spine. That’s a solid arrow. Owner is super cool dude as well, great customer service.

Zac

WKR
What is your reasoning for wanting to stay with .166? You would probably be alot happier with a .204. However the reccomendation above for Day 6 is a great option. However you would have a fairly heavy setup if you went with their 275 spine.

Last edited:

Jimbob

WKR
The 250 4mm Long Range Axis match don't interest you? 9.8 gpi gets you close and the stiffer spine means you need a little longer arrow so more weight.

OP
S

S7even

FNG
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check into the day 6 arrows and the black eagles. I'm not completely set on staying with 4mm and would likely try a 5mm option if that's what people would recommend. I have just been shooting the 4mm injexions since I set up my black 5 last year and so far have really liked them. I am considering that 4mm axis, I just don't like that they are that much lighter per inch. I've had great penetration on a bear and an elk last year with this setup, which comes out at 520 gr.

Zac

WKR
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check into the day 6 arrows and the black eagles. I'm not completely set on staying with 4mm and would likely try a 5mm option if that's what people would recommend. I have just been shooting the 4mm injexions since I set up my black 5 last year and so far have really liked them. I am considering that 4mm axis, I just don't like that they are that much lighter per inch. I've had great penetration on a bear and an elk last year with this setup, which comes out at 520 gr.
The penetration is negligible between any of the different diameter shafts. As long as the ferrule is larger than the shaft they will all penetrate similar through viscous material. A .204 with a hidden insert is going to be the best all around performer out there.

nphunter

WKR

If you already have a bunch of Deep Six heads that you are happy with then you could just go with the axis 4mm and use something like Iron Will inserts to get you back to the same weight. I personally moved away from 4mm and am shooting 5mm arrows with Iron Will inserts and am happy.

Reactions: Zac
OP
S

S7even

FNG
I don't have any deep six heads anyways, I've been using the easton titanium outset last year and had good luck with them. Those day 6 arrows look really nice. After the suggestions, I think I'm going to look at some more of the 5mm options.

Reactions: Zac

Zac

WKR
Some you can look at:
Victory RIP TKO
Easton Axis
Black Eagle Rampage
GoldTip Airstrike
Sirius Apollo

I use to think Easton Axis was the best but after figuring out that they benefitted from nock tuning I tend to think it really doesn't matter what you use. The hidden insert is most important. Also your able to fit a standard lighted nock if you like.