Aluminum tree stand build

With the off season blues currently i set out to build an ultra lightweight tree hang on tree stand out of all aluminum. Got a start on it tonight but need to go get some more material. Anything that you would want to add to your hang on stand that it doesn't105543 have. Trying to keep this one super lightweight for packing.

Beendare

WKR
LIGHT IS GOOD....BUT QUIET IS IMPORTANT TOO.

Are those welds going to hold....and are they not going to CREAK when you shift your weight?

I finally went to the LW style stands after having a nice 140 class buck blow out 12 yds away when I leaned out with my recurve and the metal creaking sound of my Summit blew him out. Frustrating.

OP
martensmax
LIGHT IS GOOD....BUT QUIET IS IMPORTANT TOO.

Are those welds going to hold....and are they not going to CREAK when you shift your weight?

I finally went to the LW style stands after having a nice 140 class buck blow out 12 yds away when I leaned out with my recurve and the metal creaking sound of my Summit blew him out. Frustrating.

Welds will hold we will find out if its quite ! i will let you know picked up some more material for it today

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I have changed out all my stands to some sort of saddle seat or even mesh. They’re just that much more comfortable. Still have a gorilla that has a 3” foam seat pad that isn’t bad, but seems like any stand with some sort of “saddle” style seat is way more comfortable

OP
martensmax
Made some progress today. Going to pick up some hardware to put it together with a couple more parts tomorrow then sew up a seat for it.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 51