always lethal under armour

wv

FNG
I read all the archery and western forums and nobody talks about the always lethal under armour clothing. been looking at the es jacket and pants. anybody use it?

This reminds me. Back in 2005 a bunch of the airmen in my unit were wearing the under-armor compression shirts. Well the commander decided that they were inappropriate despite the fact that they were issued gear and put the kibosh on it. This sparked me to send an email to under-armor to ask what studies they had done to show the value of "compression" since it was highlighted in their marketing. My thought was that if I could show a real advantage I could take it to the first shirt. They sent me back a response saying that they didn't have any studies identifying benefits of "compression" and didn't offer anything to back up the marketing claims on the garment tags. I never really used their stuff again after that and don't use any poly base layers now that I found merino wool and sierratradingpost. ;)

dotman

WKR
For some reason I think the UA stuff is popular with the eastern deer hunters.

OP
W

wv

FNG
I have the base layers boots and socks but have not tried the jacket or pants

Lawnboi

WKR
Imo ua is overpriced for what you get. I like their sweatpants and some of their casual wear but none of their hunting wear had ever tripped my trigger

dotman

WKR
I picked up a pair of their convertible pant last week designed for fly fishing that are very lite weight and dry quickly for hiking. Out of all the convertible pants I liked their design/fit the best.

J-Daddy

WKR
For some reason I think the UA stuff is popular with the eastern deer hunters.

Not all of us...lol...Well I do have a couple UA Hoodies and some Cold Gear baselayers "which suck I think"...I think the UA gear is really popular with the people they sponser, for people who acutally have to pay full retail for it I don't think they are that impressed for the most part. I know a buddy of mine here in Iowa bought some last year for whitetail hunting...He said it was ok when the temps were not real cold, but on those mornings where it was in the teens he was pretty letdown with it. I've looked at alot of the UA camo, I just can't see paying the prices for it, it weighs and ton a it's not really warm, and you need warm in Iowa when November rolls around cause it can be pretty nasty at times.