Am I going to regret buying a Maven S2 spotter?

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I can get a S2 spotter right now for about $600. It would be my first spotting scope and would be mainly for hunting mule deer in Idaho. I’m just wondering if I’ll get it and immediately regret not waiting and saving for another year to get something bigger with a higher max zoom. Right now I have a set of B2 11x45 mavens and I’d mainly be using the scope to get a better look at a deer I’ve already found with them. If anyone has experience with this spotter I’d love to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After owning a few small scopes I would not buy the S2 unless you really felt you needed it. The zoom on it will give you much less than you think over your 11s on a tripod.

OP
kylem

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I was a little worried about. For the price I was thinking about trying it anyway and selling it if I don’t like it, but the more I think about it I’m starting to think about just saving up another year and buying a nicer/bigger scope.

Blue72

WKR
Where did you find it for such a great price?

I never used the maven. But I know the rockslide review said the optics are better then the Nikon ed50. Which is an extremely popular scope, even outside the hunting community

OP
kylem

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
Where did you find it for such a great price?

I never used the maven. But I know the rockslide review said the optics are better then the Nikon ed50. Which is an extremely popular scope, even outside the hunting community

It’s a used one

I’ve got a brunton icon up in the classifieds if your looking for a little more power in the same ballpark price range. “same” scope as their s1 spotter.

When you look through your buddy Swaro. And again when you sell em. Look for a good used Alpha
You wont regret that