AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Mudd Foot

WKR
It is absolutely astounding to me that we have the actual results of Marxist principles embodied in chronicled, first-hand experienced failures of the 20th century. They’re sitting there for all to see, and yet these very principles are being touted and embraced openly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
This must be the most scholarly and well debated communication amongst any people who ever existed that were in anyway fans of or associated with being fans of the band, or just like to talk about the [ultra shitty] post grunge-wannbes “Stained”

Are we going to have a philosophical discussion about the band Creed next or should we skip straight to the late 90s nu metal bands? Was Korn better than Limp Bizkit? What about Mushroom Head?

Anyway, I actually can’t wait to watch the Woodstock 99 documentary.

Korn is on another level compared to limp bizkit. Rage vs korn is a debate that could be had. I had a bunch of friends that were there for Woodstock 99 will be interested in that documentary also. Dang I feel old thinking about back then.

Poser

WKR
Korn is on another level compared to limp bizkit. Rage vs korn is a debate that could be had. I had a bunch of friends that were there for Woodstock 99 will be interested in that documentary also. Dang I feel old thinking about back then.

I remember being in 8th grade in 1989 and we were all making fun of our parents for watching/talking about “Woodstock the movie” being released upon the 20th anniversary.
And Here we are a full 22 years later from the “Gen X Woodstock”

GSPHUNTER

WKR
When I was in the Navy, 1968-72, A friend of mine on board asked me if I wanted to go to a outdoors concert, I said sure who's going to be there, he said everybody. As they say the rest is history, Woodstock.

Poser

WKR

Watching the documentary right now and it’s lit.

OXN939

WKR
Watching the documentary right now and it’s lit.

Late to the party here, but I wanted to address some of your previous posts as they are very articulately made and well informed. I also passed the Lee and Jackson statues on my run down Monument avenue this evening, so have a bit of local perspective on this specific one.

I have yet to hear for a call for the removal of Grant's statue from D.C., despite the fact that he himself was a slave owner and also personally responsible for the ethnic cleansing and brutal murder of untold numbers of Native Americans. I'd imagine and hope that the readers of this forum, as western hunting enthusiasts, feel some connection to the fact that Grant personally exterminated the civilization whose ancestral hunting grounds were the areas we all dream about getting to experience when we draw a good tag.

So, when people demand that Jackson's likeness be removed from the city where he lived and commanded, I have a lot of questions. Do they know anything about him? What about the fact that he was passed over for promotion as an *American* Army officer because his views on race were so progressive? Do they have any idea how complex and unique his contribution to history was? How complete a picture of our state's history are we getting if we ignore difficult and complex topics?

I agree completely that statues erected during the civil rights era to devalue its achievements have no place in our society. However, if we choose out of fear of judgement or laziness to cancel the parts of American history that don't cut it by today's standards... things start to look a lot like 1984.

Late to the party here, but I wanted to address some of your previous posts as they are very articulately made and well informed. I also passed the Lee and Jackson statues on my run down Monument avenue this evening, so have a bit of local perspective on this specific one.

I have yet to hear for a call for the removal of Grant's statue from D.C., despite the fact that he himself was a slave owner and also personally responsible for the ethnic cleansing and brutal murder of untold numbers of Native Americans. I'd imagine and hope that the readers of this forum, as western hunting enthusiasts, feel some connection to the fact that Grant personally exterminated the civilization whose ancestral hunting grounds were the areas we all dream about getting to experience when we draw a good tag.

So, when people demand that Jackson's likeness be removed from the city where he lived and commanded, I have a lot of questions. Do they know anything about him? What about the fact that he was passed over for promotion as an *American* Army officer because his views on race were so progressive? Do they have any idea how complex and unique his contribution to history was? How complete a picture of our state's history are we getting if we ignore difficult and complex topics?

I agree completely that statues erected during the civil rights era to devalue its achievements have no place in our society. However, if we choose out of fear of judgement or laziness to cancel the parts of American history that don't cut it by today's standards... things start to look a lot like 1984.
Good perspective, thanks.