Am I weird?

rhendrix

Well Known Rokslider
It's been a dream of mine to hunt out west for the past two years and I've finally got an opportunity to make it happen this year...but instead of being excited about a trophy class bull, I'm more excited at the possibility of hunting a nice mule deer. Anyone else like this?

sk1

Well Known Rokslider
I'd like to take a nice muley.....but that all goes on the back burner until the elk tag is filled, I'm elk crazy

You aren't alone I'm always surprised by the amount of people I talk to that would rather chase a trophy muley than a bull elk

fillthefreezer

Well Known Rokslider
for me it comes down to hunting in my home state, chance for a trophy elk is draw only really where i can chase big mulies otc. that and not having pack animals hurts how far we can go in for elk...

CritterGetter

Well Known Rokslider
I LOVE everything about high country mule deer! Especially the fact that i can get it all out in one good pull! haha

OP
R

rhendrix

Well Known Rokslider
I'd love to live somewhere that I could chase mulies OTC. I'm flirting with the idea of heading to SD if I don't draw in CO this year.

velvetfvr

Well Known Rokslider
Nothing like chasing a velvet 180 class old muley. I am lucky and that is a annual thing for me! :D

muleyman

Well Known Rokslider
Nothing weird about it. As a guide out west you'd be surprised at how many of our hunters show up saying an elk is ok but they would really like a big muley. I know personally that I'm with Mike, show me a big bull and a big buck standing side by side and I'll take the buck every time. I'm totally addicted!!!
Good Luck!