Amazon Swarovski CL Companion 8x30

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Amazon has Swarovski CL Companions 8x30 (green) for $539.50 (shipping from China). Seems a bit fishy. Would you trust that?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Absolutely would not trust that. Its bogus. Amazon seems to be getting hit bad by all the hackers lately.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Did some research

Dustin K Kaui is one of the sellers. Just started selling doesn't even have feedback and description is a completely different language. NOPE!!!
Dustin states: Bränd nëw itëm! Cöntäct us priör tö ördëring~JHONSONY27 ""at"" Gmäil .COM~ !** Thats so he can get your CC directly from you so he can skip Amazon and take all your money out of your account lol.

Check out all of Dustin products he is selling: Amazon.com Seller Profile: Dustin K Kaui

Notice how they are all priced at 499.99

macti ti Brand new seller also has 1 feedback score that completely looks staged Mildred or something is the persons name on April 1 2017 NOPE!!

Now go look at this page which is all the sellers. The rest are all selling for what they run.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Swarovski Optik CL Companion Binoculars, 8x30mm (Green)

Yeah if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

Hopefully Ive kind of given you a way to research Amazon by laying it out like this for you.

Last edited:
This is a scam. Don't buy it. You'll end up having to file a claim to get your money back. Tons of people open accounts and have these alleged deals all of the time. It's a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did some research

Dustin K Kaui is one of the sellers. Just started selling doesn't even have feedback and description is a completely different language. NOPE!!!
Dustin states: Bränd nëw itëm! Cöntäct us priör tö ördëring~JHONSONY27 ""at"" Gmäil .COM~ !** Thats so he can get your CC directly from you so he can skip Amazon and take all your money out of your account lol.

Check out all of Dustin products he is selling: Amazon.com Seller Profile: Dustin K Kaui

Notice how they are all priced at 499.99

macti ti Brand new seller also has 1 feedback score that completely looks staged Mildred or something is the persons name on April 1 2017 NOPE!!

Now go look at this page which is all the sellers. The rest are all selling for what they run.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Swarovski Optik CL Companion Binoculars, 8x30mm (Green)

Yeah if it looks to good to be true then it probably is.

Hopefully Ive kind of given you a way to research Amazon by laying it out like this for you.
You're like a detective lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
You're like a detective lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I actually started the Fraud group for Comcast Business Services back in 2008 So I got a bit of a Nak for internet and telecommunications fraud. =) my Private eye hat goes on when it comes to this stuff lol

Dobermann

WKR
I saw this too ... and reported it to Amazon. Maybe if a few more of us do so, it will help them pull the listing before anyone gets burned.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I saw this too ... and reported it to Amazon. Maybe if a few more of us do so, it will help them pull the listing before anyone gets burned.

Already spoke to their Fraud team at Amazon. They really need to change their policy and have a team that surfs their web stores for suspicious activity. Right now they only rely on us the consumer to report shady stuff before they start investigating. They are approaching it from behind instead of being proactive about it. They definitely need a screening process also.

OP
G

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the responses, guys. My gut was telling me it looked like a scam so I didn't want to pull the trigger no matter how tempting. I noticed that the macti ti seller was brand new and only had one really general, very recent review. Thanks SHTF for pointing out more ways to research possible fraud items. I hope others can avoid these and other fraud cases. Shame that we have to deal with this kind of stuff.

mrgreen

WKR
I went through this with Amazon in Feb/17. A seller, 'Josephine Horn' had an Amazon storefront that looked just like your guy. She had a pair of "Brand New, Never Used, Sealed." Zeiss Conquest HD 8X42 for $375, shipping, insurance included. Item comes with "original box, accessories and USA warranty."

I contacted the seller to ask for photos and more details. Within 10 minutes the store disappeared from Amazon, but I got an email from the seller saying the transaction could still go through. No pics or details of the item though. I contacted Amazon and received a couple of form letter Emails. "Thanks for contacting, your business is important to us, blah, blah, blah...."

I just checked, the link for those binos brings me to a listing from your guy.

PS; I found it pretty funny that the name Josephine Horn comes back to a woman from Texas with convictions for fraud. Strange name to pick.

OP
G

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info. Yeah, it could be just a few bad people scamming on Amazon and changing up store fronts/names to try and stay ahead of getting busted. I reported the macti ti seller to Amazon for this pair of binos.

Dobermann

WKR
A quick update on this - I, too, got the boilerplate 'your reporting this listing is important to us' type email from Amazon ... however, just noticed that the original listing has now gone - so it looks like they got onto it. I'd like to think the contribution of Roksliders might have helped with that ...

I see a ton of this looking for deals for my website. Basically no, or low feedback = don't buy. New listings every day for fraud items. Amazon will always take care of refunding you, but it's a pain to have to deal with.

Murdy

WKR
Several of us on here recently bit on some Salomon Quest 4d2's for about $90. Fraudulent of course. Once I reported it, Amazon did quickly refund my money, so at least they are standing behind their website.