Amazon tents

OP
Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

WKR
I run this as my 3-season non-hunting tent. Great size and quality for price. Also sub 5 lbs.
Mountainsmith Morrison 2 Person Tent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00452C2IC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_k9ZnFb2FGXRWE

Very similar, the Featherstone includes a footprint, lashing straps. I think that’s what puts it to 5lb 2oz as shipped.
I also like that it is 17”x6” packed-will fit well in the 45L dry bag I’ve got to put camp/food in if I do a spike camp setup.
We’ll see...

IL Rifle

FNG
You lost me right there. Dick’s will never see a dime of mine. I vote with my wallet as well as my ballot.
They could have a Kuiu Mountain Star for $49 and I wouldn’t spend my money there.
I understand. No worries. Not my favorite place either. However, there aren’t many options around where I live to actually see a hunting/camping item before I buy it- which I prefer to do. And there seem to be fewer and fewer stores carrying anything resembling good gear. I find that with some items shipping and returning and shipping a replacement is a pain.

I guess my actual point was that “last year’s model” on close out can be a good buy.

OP
Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

WKR
I could probably get behind going into Dick’s and wasting their time, finger fiddling the goods to get hands on, the snapping pics of the UPC codes and finding the stuff to order elsewhere😆

Check out the Naturehike Cloud up 2
I have one and it's really nice. Less weight than your other choice too...
bb8fbb8ea476aab05153dd11175fcde9.jpg
3627c8cc173c0729c8c93580d79f34f0.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Another vote for this one. Have 2 years on mine and it has held up well. Packs small and light. Hard to beat for a budget tent.

OP
Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

WKR
I got the Featherstone Granite yesterday, and for the money I’m happy with the purchase. I set it up, and it seems as solid quality as the MSR’s and REI $250-350 2p freestanding tents I’ve had hands on.
I like the dual side entry with dual vestibules, the fabric, stitching and zippers seem good to go, buckles and clips are all solid (the green deeper tub model “peridot” has different clips that are prone to breakage per reviews). The poles, hubs, and stakes seem to be solid. We’ll see how the shock cord lasts.
I didn’t get any pics, just set it up in the living room so I wouldn’t have any surprises if I use it this weekend, now have it airing out to get the “new tent smell” out.
For under $150 it checks the boxes I’m looking for. If the extra pound becomes an issue, that’ll mean I’m using it enough to make the jump in price to go actual lightweight.

meta_gabbro

Lil-Rokslider
I know you've already pulled the trigger on the Featherstone, but the REI Passage 2 is a pretty decent tent for folks on a tight budget. Slightly more expensive, half a pound lighter (5lbs 8oz vs 6lbs) if you ditch the stuff sacks for poles and stakes and a full pound lighter if you ditch the floor (4lbs vs 5lbs), and it's even slightly larger too.

I used one throughout undergrad doing geology and fisheries field work in the summers, and it's my spare tent for wildfire assignments now.

OP
Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

WKR
Update: Did two nights in the Featherstone, and it worked well. It was warm (100* days) and stayed warm through the night.
If it weren’t a full moon in the desert I would’ve done without the fly but it was BRIGHT out!!
I’ve got no complaints, the included aluminum stakes are designed well and worked well, and the tent is well thought out and functional. Packed back up easily. Retroreflective marking on tent made finding camp a breeze hiking back after sun was down but before moon rise. vestibules aren’t huge, but I had plenty of room for pack, boots gear and cooking inside, bow stayed in vestibule.
All in all it was a great buy at the price.

that said, I only got wind and no rain.
I would have like to have longer in it for better review, but I arrowed my buck the second morning!

Attachments

• 0B2EE473-2A51-4B04-8426-29CE119BED50.jpeg
    0B2EE473-2A51-4B04-8426-29CE119BED50.jpeg
    509.4 KB · Views: 58

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the 1 person River Country Trekker and I really like it. There are some negative reviews on it out there on YouTube but there are also some really positive ones. I seam sealed and silicone sprayed mine for added piece of mind. For the price I don't think you can go wrong.

River Country Trekker Tent 2
I'm looking at the same one. I have an ozark trail that weighs about 4 lbs with poles and has held up surprisingly well. I'd love ro lose half the weight. What would you say are the cons ro this particular tent?

I'm looking at the same one. I have an ozark trail that weighs about 4 lbs with poles and has held up surprisingly well. I'd love ro lose half the weight. What would you say are the cons ro this particular tent?
If I had to pick out a particular con it would be that there is a little more condensation than a traditional tent with a rain fly. I knew that it would have condensation since its a single wall so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I just spent another 8 nights in mine in Arizona and it performed awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
If I had to pick out a particular con it would be that there is a little more condensation than a traditional tent with a rain fly. I knew that it would have condensation since its a single wall so it wasn't a deal breaker for me. I just spent another 8 nights in mine in Arizona and it performed awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.
Thank you