Amazon Trail Cameras

Nmhntr

FNG
I’m looking at the cheap trail cameras on Amazon. Has anyone tried them? Looking for plain-jane trail cameras that take large SD cards and have a long battery life. I don’t need WiFi or cell.

Looking to purchase more trail cameras that work “ok” rather than attaching hundred dollar bills on trees!

Appreciate the recommendations... the ones that catch my eye are from campark and gardepro.

Look for the Tasco ones too. People seem to like them. I picked up 4 but have not used them. I think I paid $25 each.

BBob

WKR
I have several of the std and little compact Toguard cameras. I have a couple of Browning to compare to. If I were to buy more cameras I’d buy more of the Toguard and save $$. I just downloaded pictures from several from a 6 month stint. One of the large ones (8 AA batteries) had over 7K pictures and was just under half battery life left. Pictures identify with plenty of quality night and day that is easy to see whatever is in the photos. They trigger on smaller animals so they aren’t missing much if anything. The small ones don’t take full size cards but that’s not an issue if you carry an adapter card. At least I don’t see it as an issue.

Last edited:
I bought two Campark trail cameras on Amazon and really like them for the money! There good enough for me and what i want to accomplish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
N

Nmhntr

FNG
Really appreciate it! I’m going to try the toguard and campark cams out.

Rational

FNG
It looks like they have a variety of models on amazon in different price ranges. Which one(s) did you go with?

I've been also trying to find that price/quality sweet spot in a trail cam for a while.

BBob

WKR
I tried the Togard H20 and H40’s. I also tried the cheap batteries. One of my large H40’s I mentioned above is on these batteries. Over 7K pictures, 6 months and lots of battery left. The H40’s will run on 4 or 8 AA’s so if it’s a more accessible camera and or you have more time to check it you don’t have to use 8.

Attachments

• 6B1B82E3-4C29-49F3-BE60-8012EB7D2B36.jpeg
    6B1B82E3-4C29-49F3-BE60-8012EB7D2B36.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 59AC3452-EABC-4A9F-9496-3AB86790480E.jpeg
    59AC3452-EABC-4A9F-9496-3AB86790480E.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 46

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider

I’ve used these as well as tasco. Public land makes it hard to spend money on them, but still waste $10 more and buy a cable lock for each to keep pictures from being read by others just walking through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CB1

FNG
I bought a couple of the Victure trail cameras on Amazon. Got them on sale for about $30 each. They worked well enough even though the temp sensor seemed a bit off.
They appeared to be quite sensitive also.

Krem

FNG
I can't seem to find the toguard cameras on Amazon, I found the campark but there are alot of models! Are the compares just over all good quality?
My goal is to get photos of MD at water holes/ponds in Texas so I think a wide angle and long sensor range would be good. Also good battery/ photo capacity probably going to be lots of cow photos.

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
Use the toguard, and don’t mind as much when they get stolen, awesome quality for the price and last awhile! Had a bear mess with one last week had its mouth over it and no damage done that I can see.

JTR11

FNG
I have some Camparks and a Victure from Amazon. They all work just fine. I bought them originally because I was too cheap to shell out $100+ per cam and I wanted to set up a bunch of cameras when I purchased my property. Battery life is good and picture quality is good too. Never had the “name brand” cameras, but I don’t really have a reason to either. They work good enough for me at a fraction of the price.

I have been using some Muddys from Academy that are $29. Going on my second year and they have been great! Just simple preset cameras. Nothing fancy

jwooley

Lil-Rokslider
I bought 6 of the GardePro A3 on prime day for $50 each used them this summer scouting for elk..
For the money they worked Awesome. Had features of cameras costing twice as much, and were really user friendly.