American made Day pack

prm

WKR
Thanks, I do appreciate offer. I’m looking for new for this particular pack. May be the OP could use it? Didn't intend to hijack his thread...

RS3579

WKR
I use the Kifaru Antero. It works great for why I need it for. No heavy hauling but it’s built heavy duty.

Joshs74

FNG
I really like my Kifaru Urban Zippy / Sherman pocket combo. I use it as an overnight bag every other night. The combo can hold an amazing amount of stuff for being a small package.

Coldtrail

WKR
One type that you'll either love or hate are the canvas day packs from Duluth Pack (not Duluth trading co) & Frost River. I shredded every other pack I ever owned but still have my Frost River "nessmuk" pack going on 15yrs. Yes, they are heavy, hang lower on my back than I like, I got optional chest strap and pads I found it as decent as some of the others I had.

Keep in mind that I'm not a weekender, I wear a pack daily for work, wear it on my "off days" training hounds and guiding hunters, going through thick brush where all the straps on some of the others catch on everything & get torn off. They are old school, but tough as nails. The pouches work great for my trauma kit, 48oz bottle, fire kit, and the main compartment holds whatever, mine is 15-20lbs depending on season. No camo, no tacticool look, just an old school pack. Their bigger packs I don't care for, but the day packs are the only ones I don't litter pieces of all over while in the brush. I think they look cool as they wear too.

Spiegel

FNG
I've owned an Xray for a few years and wished the kifaru day packs had some padding on the shoulder straps to give it some structure as it gets twisted easily. Some people prefer the no/minimal padding but I wished they had some.

olddecker

FNG
Gorucks are great for EDC, but the 1000D back panel doesn't allow any ventilation and chews up clothes. Kifaru packs offer quite a few good options too, e.g. Antero, Shape charge or even X-ray. I've been using HPG recently and the harness is definitely the most comfortable i've ever used, even better than Mystery Ranch. The major downside for me is that HPG packs tend to be one large hole without much organisation.

Go ruck GR1 is a little overkill for edc imo. I have a GR1 but use my Kifaru Antero mostly. It is great for edc. Used it for a trip to Stone Mountain Georgia with the family and it carried everything we needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk