American Made & Sourced

dlee56

WKR
Has anyone come across a reliable way to find/filter out brands and producers that are all American Made with American Materials? There are the obvious few like Kifaru, Forloh, Origins, but what about daily household items (towels, bedding, etc) and daily clothing (t-shirts, ball caps, polo's, button ups, shoes, etc)?

Probably like a lot of you my family has been looking to convert to USA made and sourced wherever we can so I'd love to hear if any of you have found some cool companies doing business like this or any resources to find these brands.

Thanks all!!

mi650

WKR
Yea, the 'American Materials', and 'sourced' part makes it difficult. "American Made" doesn't mean what most people think it does.

I spent several years in the fasteners business, nuts & bolts basically. The largest U.S. manufacturer would bring in foreign 'materials', put a certain amount of work into it, and could legally call it "Made in the U.S". IIRC, 10% of the total value was required.

OP
dlee56

dlee56

WKR
Yea, the 'American Materials', and 'sourced' part makes it difficult. "American Made" doesn't mean what most people think it does.

I spent several years in the fasteners business, nuts & bolts basically. The largest U.S. manufacturer would bring in foreign 'materials', put a certain amount of work into it, and could legally call it "Made in the U.S". IIRC, 10% of the total value was required.
That's the main struggle, not many people recognize that so slips under the radar when it comes to branding, and makes it harder to find on the internet.

I looked but cant confirm that all the materials are sourced here, but i have a few t shirts and a hoodie from American Giant and they're high quality for sure. Its damn hard trying to find certain things used in everyday life that are made here

OP
dlee56

dlee56

WKR
I looked but cant confirm that all the materials are sourced here, but i have a few t shirts and a hoodie from American Giant and they're high quality for sure. Its damn hard trying to find certain things used in everyday life that are made here
Do you like how their shirts are cut? I just checked it out and it looks like American Giant uses American cotton.

Im 6' 180lbs athletic and wear a large usually. They are the slightest bit loose in width at the waist, more of a regular fit than a slim fit IMO, length is good. Ive thought about drying them in the dryer to try and shrink them a bit but was too afraid it wouldnt work out right since they're cotton lol. Wife convinced me not to try it. Would rather have a bit of room than feel like im imprinting since i appendix carry a pistol daily. Their hoodie is the nicest one ive ever had and fits me exactly how i want, i love it and will probably buy another in a different color at some point

OP
dlee56

dlee56

WKR
But yes to answer your question plainly, i like the fit and quality of their tops a lot
Thanks for the detail man, I might have to put in a order and try their jeans too. My wranglers are worn out after 8 months now...

Thanks for the detail man, I might have to put in a order and try their jeans too. My wranglers are worn out after 8 months now...
No problem! I was lookin at their jeans too they look very nice, i will probably get some down the road too. They look more my style than the origin ones. If anyone has any other suggestions im all ears tho

Made in USA has been a quest for me. A lot of companies no longer list where a product is made, deliberately. When I research purchases, I will often email or even call a company’s customer service and ask them. Social media is also great for getting responses, I’ll straight up ask every manufacturer on their advertisement comment where the product is made. Usually they respond.

92xj

WKR
Anyone know of any dog bed companies, small no name USA made?

ODB

WKR
Made in USA has been a quest for me. A lot of companies no longer list where a product is made, deliberately. When I research purchases, I will often email or even call a company’s customer service and ask them. Social media is also great for getting responses, I’ll straight up ask every manufacturer on their advertisement comment where the product is made. Usually they respond.

“Where is this made?” Is usually in the Top 3-4 questions on damn near every product Q&A on Amazon. People really do want to know where stuff is made.

Dos XX

WKR
I know you said small no name, but Orvis dog beds are made in the USA. I think in North Carolina. I am pretty sure Orvis doesn't have their own dog bed factory. I wonder who is making them?

EDIT:
I wonder if this is it? The say made in USA with a global supply source, so probably not USA sourced.

Another. https://snoozerpetproducts.com/dog-beds-car-seats/orthopedic-aging-dog-beds-products/

“Where is this made?” Is usually in the Top 3-4 questions on damn near every product Q&A on Amazon. People really do want to know where stuff is made.
Amazon, unfortunately, deliberately hides country of origin and yet people continue to feed the beast. I’m guilty sometimes too…

KurtR

WKR

These are nice got one for my lab

Another option, I own one, a little expensive but well made! Made in Maryland, which from what I am told is for crabs.

92xj

WKR

These are nice got one for my lab
I found those last night while researching. Looks like a good option. I'll buy one and give it a shot this year.
Thanks!

Let's keep this thread going and turn to it for advice on where to get USA made and sourced products. If you you need it, post it here. If you know where to get it, help us find it.

I need new jeans for work. Not a skinny jeans guy. I work construction all year so I need jeans that hold up well. Not so heavyweight though that I sweat to death in the summer. Any recommendations?

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Let's keep this thread going and turn to it for advice on where to get USA made and sourced products. If you you need it, post it here. If you know where to get it, help us find it.

I need new jeans for work. Not a skinny jeans guy. I work construction all year so I need jeans that hold up well. Not so heavyweight though that I sweat to death in the summer. Any recommendations?

Look into the Orgin jeans. They are well made and very durable.