American Made & Sourced

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy listening to Jocko. I've checked them out before on their website but I've read elsewhere they're a bit on the skinny side... any truth to that if you wear them? I'm 5'11" 210lbs or so.

I'm 5'6" 205 with thick thighs. They fit me, but they are snug in the thighs, but then again all jeans are snug on my thighs. They aren't "skinny jeans" but they aren't super baggy either.

feanor

WKR
I've been working hard to find some American Made & American Sourced hats. Boonie hats for trad shooting, and regular snapback baseball caps.

Gulch gear could fit the bill. They have a boonie and Velcro back ( which I love ). Good company

scwiggy7

FNG
Anyone know of any dog bed companies, small no name USA made?
West Paw beds are made in Bozeman, MT. Just got the Heydey bed a few months ago for my dog and he seems to really like it

Holocene

WKR
Same position here. My wife and I had a baby last year and just moved. It is amazing how much plastic, made in China crap will end up in your house under these circumstances.

Recently, I've decided to start changing the oil in our cars and am in the market for some jack stands and a portable lift. Hein-Werner is an American company that sells quality auto parts. Still, I found out that their manufacturing structure is also complex. Some items are made overseas to their specs, some are "Assembled in USA" of foreign made parts, and then their nicer (and most expensive) pieces are 100% "Made in USA".

For clothing, there are tons out there and Duckworth is a wool clothing maker out of Montana I can think of.

Two thoughts to contribute:

1. When trying to source US made stuff, it's helpful to think of historic manufacturing bases in America. Often enough, legacy brands are still operating in the area because there's a tradition of talent, the factories are still there, etc. For example, the Southeast was a major producer of textiles and furniture and still makes a little bit of those things. Ohio/Indiana produced tools and musical instruments.

2. You can find Made in USA used items! Before the 1970s, America was still producing a lot of its clothing, tools, etc. There's probably another decade or so of this stuff left out there in the world to find at garage sales, thrift stores, online, etc. Soon enough, it will be worn out or lost, too.

Vaultman

WKR
Anyone know about tshirst.... like a plain white undershirt?
I've googled it, but only seem to find off-white.

Let's keep this thread going and turn to it for advice on where to get USA made and sourced products. If you you need it, post it here. If you know where to get it, help us find it.

I need new jeans for work. Not a skinny jeans guy. I work construction all year so I need jeans that hold up well. Not so heavyweight though that I sweat to death in the summer. Any recommendations?

1620 work wear

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Minus 33 has some awesome American Made merino base and mid layers, socks and hats etc. Definitely gonna be my next base layer purchase.

Minus 33 Merino
I just ordered some base layer pieces from them, including some socks. When they came in, they were all labeled Made In China, except the neck gaiter, which was made in Viet Nam. I sent the whole shipment back.

After looking, I think only the Mountain Heritage socks are made in USA.

20220117_232637.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah minus 33 might have a couple pieces made here but mine are not. I wish someone made some zip off baselayer bottoms here, I've been bugging forloh to do it

For merino the only stuff made here I've seen is duckworth amd a couple things by American giant. The duckworth stuff i want has always been out of stock when i want it tho

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
These are made in USA. It is a 90/10 blend. They say the wool is woven in Viet Nam but the garment is made in USA.

These are made in USA. It is a 90/10 blend. They say the wool is woven in Viet Nam but the garment is made in USA.

Those are good prices too!! Thanks for sharing. I have been looking for something like this

TX_Diver

WKR
Darn Tough and Farm to Feet for socks also.

Not sure on material sourcing. Think Darn Tough says American merino?