American Made & Sourced

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
Same here. Ordered a top and bottom base layer from Minus 33 after I read that they were made in America. Sending them back. Darn tough socks and Smartwool are the bomb for my feet.

Vaultman

WKR
Anyone know of any pants that are like Duluth Trading Co.'s flex fire hose pants, but are American made?

92xj

WKR
any grid fleece hoodies?
Google has found a few, but nothing in stock.
well,
Just randomly came across this in stock, so I ordered one. Hoping it gets here before spring weather to test out on weekly hikes. I'm hopeful this pans out as a quality USA made grid fleece. I've been looking for one for a long time to get away from my china made stuff.

well,
Just randomly came across this in stock, so I ordered one. Hoping it gets here before spring weather to test out on weekly hikes. I'm hopeful this pans out as a quality USA made grid fleece. I've been looking for one for a long time to get away from my china made stuff.
That looks very nice, i think I'll try one too! Thanks

Diamond Gusset just got some canvas pants in stock. As of this morning they were down to two pair in my size. These are a little softer and lighter than some of the imported canvas from Deluth and Carhart.

Regarding hats, some of the “tacticool” companies are making ball caps in the USA. There seems to be a lot of new veteran owned manufacturing businesses getting in the market.

Last edited:

mrmatt

FNG
I just bought some American Giant shorts - and yeah, the cotton's 100% sourced in USA in the Carolinas. Some of their clothing has nylon though, I bought some shorts with 90% nylon, and they didn't tell me where that's sourced. Also some of their tags might say "foreign fabrics" so you gotta pay attention. I have a few things to return today.

I'd gotten a fairly decent job and can finally afford quality clothing that doesn't rip apart in 2 months. I was looking around for union made / American sourced clothes and found this forum. Thanks so much for putting up some American sourced companies! Almost impossible for me to find, other than tees.

Two things I'm looking for -
- I wear 10 4E wiiiiiiide shoes. Any American sourced wide casual shoes out there?
- My day job is an office job, and I'm looking for short sleeved, boring, button down shirts. I *think* American Giant has some American Made, but definitely not American materials.

I kinda prefer union-made, but either union or American materials are fine (both would be perfect).

Thanks everyone! And my next purchase is going to be Origin when they get shorts back in stock, haha. I could use some a couple towels and sheets too ;)

PS I ripped 2 pairs of Lee shorts this month, didn't wear them a dozen times, the zippers ripped right TF out. I grew up in the 80s and Lee was quality - four boys and their jeans were still hand me downs. WTF, never buying Lee again

Ive been happy with the 1620 stuff ive gotten. Its for construction but some of their stuff is definitely nice enough to wear around town, like their classic work short

Not sure about sourcing, but Danner, while not a niche brand, makes quite a few of their all leather high end hiking, work and hunting boots in the US. Some they have in a US and foreign version, the premium is maybe 30% higher for US made. Quality is noticeably better than their imported boots. I wear their boots pretty much exclusively for work, have a pair of US made Redwings as well. They are very comparable. The Redwings are more durable, the Danners, more comfortable...

mrmatt

FNG
Ive been happy with the 1620 stuff ive gotten. Its for construction but some of their stuff is definitely nice enough to wear around town, like their classic work short
Yes - exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find for two months, haha. Thank you. They're in MA and hopefully they have an outlet that I can drive to.

I don't think Danner has american sourced materials. It's not mentioned anywhere on their site. American materials or union made, either one would be great for me. At least Danner has some wides

I also bought Red Land Cotton sheets and will get a couple 1620 shirts when my next paycheck comes in. Bought more clothes than I intended but I know they're not going to shred in a couple months. You're all a bad influence

mrmatt

FNG
I've got an unpopular opinion - handkerchiefs are good

You can't carry a tissue in your pocket

These are fair trade, not American sourced. But I'm kinda fine with fair trade for now. What are people's thoughts on fair trade stuff? It's not ideal, but it doesn't allow big corporations to buy cheap sh-- and sell it up 100 time what it's worth. Not sure but I think fair trade helps American sourced stuff, it makes American growers competitive since corporations can't buy fair trade cotton etc basically for free

(you can buy these hankies on Amazon but f-- Amazon, I'll pay $2 more for a small business)