American River N. California

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone in the Northern C.A area ever hunted down along the American river? We hiked down there yesterday to check it out. Did not see many deer, my buddy did find a nice forked horn shed though and we caught a bunch of trout. That is some crazy steep country, took us 4hrs to get back out! Got a feel for my new pack and learned that I need some good boots if we are going to hunt there, blisters the size of quarters. All in all very fun day outside!

Robpr

Lil-Rokslider
Which fork of the American? Not that I've hunted around any.just curious.

I haven't hunted that area, but i've run on damn near every trail there. There are deer, bears and a pile of lions. If you can find a spot near FHill, lots of deer feeding in yards all through there. Those canyons are wicked steep!!!

OP
T

Tag stew

Lil-Rokslider
Arrowslinger, you are not kidding it's steep I think our elevation change was 5600 at the top of the ridge to 2300 down to the river. There were 30 something switch backs on that trail so that helped some. Like I said it took us four hrs to get back out. We did jump one bear at the bottom right by the river in the black berries. If you run any trails and see any deer in an area your not gonna hunt this season shoot me a PM and I will go check it out. Thanks!