America’s most ineffective Deer management program

grfox92

WKR
This is a legit vasectomy. Surgery and all. Deer are tranquilized, put under anesthesia, cut and tubs tied.

A castration band would be in humane.

This idea comes from an extreme form of mental illness called "Liberalism". These are the folks that scream to "follow the science" except for when it interferes with their ideas. Then science doesn't matter.

Below is a picture from when the program first started.
7040cea7cbff22c7091ba7c9be409d7b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
Soo, is this castration or vasectomy?

castration will get rid of the desire to have sex and reduce population assuming they are able to get the majority of bucks castrated (which is a joke, we all know there are deer no one can find).

vasectomy does not decrease the desire to breed and assuming a near complete job of doing casectomies, wouldnt this option simply extend the rut longer as doe would not be bred and continue to cycle which would lead the bucks to be crazier longer this increasing aggression and potential vehicle strikes.

Of course either option is just plain idiotic, but you can never tell a liberal they are wrong and they wont learn either....
Not only that, but the doe will just stay in heat until an un-clipped buck breads her. Biologists told them it would work. They did it anyway.

I shed hunted Staten Island for years. It has big woods. It is totally bowhuntable. Programs were proposed and denied. Crazy thing is Staten island is pretty conservative compared to the rest of the city. The residents there probably wouldn't be apposed to a bowhunt.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
There are a few very Effective dear management programs in the Midwest. One in particular is around an airport with a deer problem. They register 20 regular bowhunters and they keep the population down solving the problem no cost to the state. Zero, except the time the GW checks on them.

They have set stands and have strict rules to shoot anything that walks by. If you don’t follow the rules you are out.

A common sense solution..... somethings seriously lacking in East Coast and West Coast governments.

if they just get the bucks some hoodies in logos and Crips or Bloods colors that are not local... the local MS13 gang will wipe them out in short order. Of course, the meat will be unuseable as it will be riddled with 9mm slugs.

TheGDog

WKR
So lets say they open it to bowhunters with hunter ed and NRA membership that includes a hunter liability policy. Covered there.

2 questions:

How much would it cost to implement a program? ( thinking gov here, its probably more than I would guess.

how much would they charge for tags? Could they get $100 ea?

Seems to me if done right its cash positive... but that might be optimistic, it is gov......and New York after all. They will probably req Teamster oversight or it wont fly....grin

I'd have a hard believing they'd ever do it since the insurance liability would be insanely high if people were creepin' around with lethal weapons. No way they'd even touch that in today's litigious society of stick-it-to-the-man type of thinking.

TheGDog

WKR
if they just get the bucks some hoodies in logos and Crips or Bloods colors that are not local... the local MS13 gang will wipe them out in short order. Of course, the meat will be unuseable as it will be riddled with 9mm slugs.
Pssh Neyba please!

First of all <Bloods/Busters/Piru> are just dumb and Darwinism will take care of them. Yeah.. let's walk around ack'in hard wearing bright a$$ red clothing, what could go wrong? Pfft.

Secondly MS13/Cholo mofos? It's rare you find one that can shoot worth a damn. And they definitely can't squab one-on-one. The only way they can get any isht done is mobbin' deep.

<Crips/Cuzz/E-rickets>? Meh... decent shooters. Chosen color scheme flys under the radar the best. Not quite as Napoleonic as MS13 dudes, almost as good with the hookups for party favors. Most numerous. Go straight to code red in terms of retaliation, these days anyway.

I was born, raised and lived my entire life in NY, until I retired 3 years ago. The ineptitude and arrogance of the jackasses who run that state, namely Cuomo and De Blasio in NYC, knows absolutely no bounds. The parents of both those fools are the ones who should have been spayed and neutered, to preclude them from procreating. That would have saved the residents of NY state a whole hell of tax payer money.

Wapiti1

WKR
Is a vasectomy a big name for a rubber band? I really can't understand why this would cost so much.

Castration bands cost about $3/100.
Couple cowboys and lassos, a few beers.

Stitches for the guy wrestling the deer down.......
Figured out the $$.

They could probably sell tickets tho, that might make it cash positive.

Can you imagine the fun that would ensue when little Fifi the Schnauzer brought home a rotting set of deer nuts?

I would pay taxes directly to NY for that.

Jeremy

Edan

FNG
I clicked this thread expecting a joke. I knew it was bad but it is nearly unbelievable that smart people could be stupid enough to do something like this. Where will we be in 15 years? Absolutely amazing.