Ammo and Powder Storage

I know in a perfect scenario, ammunition and powder should be stored in temperature regulated, dry, and clean place but I live in a smaller house and my only real storage for hunting and shooting gear and supplies is in my attached garage. I do run a dehumidifier in the summer months and the garage is drywalled and insulated also running a baseboard heater. It's been brutal cold the last few weeks and I know it's cooler in there than one would like (mid 40s probably). Loaded ammo and powder ok? Hoping so, probably a little late to be asking this question lol. Luckily a lot of my stuff is at my brother's house in a better environment.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Cool and dry is the recommendation for powder storage. I would be concerned if it was hot and humid.

Zappaman

WKR
The first Hodgen "reloading" powder (H4831) sold back in the 60s came from "pull down" WWII ammo stored in unheated warehouses by the military for 20+ years before Hogden existed.

Hercules (before Alliant bought them in about 1979) had "Unique" power stored in a glass container submerged in water-- for 90 YEARS! it was proudly displayed in the front entrance of headquarters for all visitors to see since right after WWI (1920 or so). They would pull out some (every ten years), dry it, and shoot it. I never failed to fire last time it was tested about 1970 or so ;)

Once a year though, I take a day to go through all my powders and "shake" the containers... this is said to keep some from starting to go bad. Maybe an old wives tale, but I do it even though the stuff is made to last a long time in about any temperature (*BELOW 70 degrees from what I've heard from some old timers anyway). Plus I get to "re-inventory" my powders then too (and make plans to buy MORE!)- haha!