Ammo availability - 7mm rem mag vs 300 win mag?

Hey guys. I'm looking at buying my first rifle. I have decided on either a 7mm rem mag or a 300 win mag (planning on a SS barrel Tikka unless there is a better choice). I am wondering which of these two calibers typically has better ammo availability. I plan on using this for whitetail, mule deer, elk and potentially black bear. I don't plan on doing any reloading so I am looking for off the shelf ammo. I appreciate your thoughts as I am mainly a bow hunter - thanks!

JGTWI

WKR
Classified Approved
In ‘normal’ times, both will be widely available. Over the past few years, I’ve seen a lot more 300 win mag around here when ammo was harder to come by.

However, now that things seem to be getting better I’ve seen both back on shelves at times.

My next rifle will probably be a 7mm Rem mag. I’ll just buy enough ammo to set aside so I won’t have to worry about it for a while.

axeforce6

WKR
I seen a lot of 300wm today. I’d also choose the 300 over the 7mm for what you intend to hunt.

Jeff_Gibbons

Lil-Rokslider
My two cents: Stores stock what people buy today. There is probably more demand for 300 WM over last couple years. But, rifles are generally picky to a particular load. Just because there may be more 300 doesn't mean there will be more of the one your rifle shoots well. Get the one that you can shoot well and stock up on the round it likes.

I rarely see 7mm mag, much more common to see the 300 wm around here. It does seem like things are starting to get a little better so hopefully we start seeing full shelves soon.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
I see 300WM on the shelf with more choices than the 7RM, availability being the same