Ammo Choice for Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor

Norm555

WKR
Anyone with a Tikka in 6.5 creedmoor, what factory ammo are you running and having the best success with? I’d like good accuracy and a hunting bullet out to 600 yards on deer and antelope. I’m planning to try some different options but curious what other’s have been experiencing first to try and narrow it down.

I’ve had good accuracy out to distance with Barnes 127 LRX factory ammo. I’ve got a on game sample of one, but it worked well. Seems like the Tikkas like 140gr bullets better than the lighter weights from my testing. The 127LRX was still under a inch at 100, but not at tight as some of the match ammo like American Gunner.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had good luck with the hornady precision hunter but I mostly do my own loading, I have several boxes of the Barnes 127g LRX but havn’t shot them, I have shot my own LRX loads which work well.

Barnes factory LRX 127 is fantastic out of my Fieldcraft, not sure how the twist rate compares to Tikka’s though. Under MOA out past 800 yards and kills on sheep out to 500+ yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wvroach

WKR
Another for the Hornady eld-x, groups great and a bit more weight than most 6.5. my t3x 6.5 shoots moa or better with everything I have put in it though, including Winchester deer season, PowerPoints and cheap herters soft point.

My t3 in 3006 was a bit different though and only likes the heavy stuff 178+ grain it won't group a 150 grain better than 1.5 moa for some reason so your rifle may be different.

Zonkjz

FNG
I’ve had good luck with the 143 eldx and the 156 Berger factory ammo.

I now started to reload and have 156 bergers under 1/2 moa at 100. Out of my tikka 6.5 superlite

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
My 6.5cm tikka superlight prefers factory barnes 127lrx over all other copper options. The eldx is second, but I prefer to shoot copper.

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot 143 eld-x precision hunter in mine as well. Shot over 1000yds fine. 140 eld-m hornady match shoots good too.

Motown

WKR
My T3x superlite absolutely loves the Berger-loaded 135gr classic hunter, with Hornady PH as a close second
My T3X Wideland loves both as well but seems to favor the Berger a bit more. My T3X lite shoots lights out with the ELD-X.

My T3x superlite absolutely loves the Berger-loaded 135gr classic hunter, with Hornady PH as a close second

Mine shoots best with the Berger’s also.

Also, I found it odd that the Federal loading 135 Berger’s would not chamber consistently.

Motown

WKR
Mine shoots best with the Berger’s also.

Also, I found it odd that the Federal loading 135 Berger’s would not chamber consistently.

Both of my tikkas will not chamber factory nosler ammo, and maybe 6 out of 20 in a box of the federal berger loads would chamber.