Ammo Issues

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
Guys, I'm posting this in the ELK Forum, cause that's where I spend most of my time. I know we are all looking at the same info on almost every ammo supplier " Out of Stock". Has anybody on here been able to find ammo that is not Russian or some other off brand? I'm usually a Nosler or Barnes guy and I'm hearing that guys who have ammo backordered are hearing possibly mid-June ship dates. Just curious what other guys are hearing or what their thoughts are. Getting a little nervous as I don't want to start practicing with my remaining inventory not knowing what's ultimately happening.

OP
PAhunter58

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried setting up "Stock Notifications" with quite a few reliable ammo sites. Have not received one notification that they had the caliber/bullet style, one time yet. Very perplexing!

I've tried setting up "Stock Notifications" with quite a few reliable ammo sites. Have not received one notification that they had the caliber/bullet style, one time yet. Very perplexing!
Sorry to say but that's because they have not been back in stock. It's literally ammogeddon out there!

Guys, I'm posting this in the ELK Forum, cause that's where I spend most of my time. I know we are all looking at the same info on almost every ammo supplier " Out of Stock". Has anybody on here been able to find ammo that is not Russian or some other off brand? I'm usually a Nosler or Barnes guy and I'm hearing that guys who have ammo backordered are hearing possibly mid-June ship dates. Just curious what other guys are hearing or what their thoughts are. Getting a little nervous as I don't want to start practicing with my remaining inventory not knowing what's ultimately happening.
I have had absolutely zero luck when it comes to powder and primers!! I’ve got shells and bullets through gun broker but I’m having zero luck with primers!!

fmyth

WKR
I have had absolutely zero luck when it comes to powder and primers!! I’ve got shells and bullets through gun broker but I’m having zero luck with primers!!
I have purchased 4 different brands of powder and one brick of primers all online in the last month.
I work at my computer on and off all day. I keep a page open for each of the 3 websites below.

discord.gg/reloading

ammoseek.com

At ammoseek.com I set up searches/alerts for my calibers.
When something is available I get a text message and an email.

You'll find that you will miss more times than you score. Each time you get an alert on a product you want but can't check out before it goes out of stock take a min and set up an account with that vendor. Next time you'll be able to check out faster. I keep a post it on my screen with my cc#, exp date and ccv code.

JRMiller

WKR
Nothing is getting to store shelves because its all being diverted to Gunbroker by middleman and small shops.
You can find anything you want on gunbroker, if you can afford it

I have purchased 4 different brands of powder and one brick of primers all online in the last month.
I work at my computer on and off all day. I keep a page open for each of the 3 websites below.

discord.gg/reloading

ammoseek.com

At ammoseek.com I set up searches/alerts for my calibers.
When something is available I get a text message and an email.

You'll find that you will miss more times than you score. Each time you get an alert on a product you want but can't check out before it goes out of stock take a min and set up an account with that vendor. Next time you'll be able to check out faster. I keep a post it on my screen with my cc#, exp date and ccv code.
That sounds like a good approach, I’ll have to give it a swing!! Thanks!!

OP
PAhunter58

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
Unfortunately, my job keeps me from having the time to wait on stock notifications and staring at a computer screen. It's gotta get better at some time. I know NOSLER is working 7 days a week to catch up. Hopefully soon this will get more reasonable.

fmyth

WKR
Unfortunately, my job keeps me from having the time to wait on stock notifications and staring at a computer screen. It's gotta get better at some time. I know NOSLER is working 7 days a week to catch up. Hopefully soon this will get more reasonable.
I get notifications 24 hours a day. I've missed lots of opportunities to purchase because I rarely check my email before 8am. Many of ammo companies appear to be updating their website inventory 24 hours a day.

Nosler sent an email to me stating they are having problems with the unreliable supply of brass.
They were supposed to produce a large batch of 300 WM and 300RUM in March but haven't
received the brass. No ETA given. I told them they are going to turn me into a bow hunter......

Deadfall

WKR
Won't get reasonable until after economy crashes. Hopefully that don't happen until end of year....good luck

Shooter28

FNG
I’ve been on the lookout for Barnes LRX in 6.5cm for some time now. I haven’t seen it in stock yet.

Sportsman guide sent a notification yesterday of 22-250 Hornady Amax 55gr. In stock. But that was yesterday..

Wingshooter

Lil-Rokslider
If you're a reloader Midway and Natchez are two of my go to sites sometimes powder valley. If you're looking for loaded ammo Cabelas is one of the few that aren't taking advantage of the panic buying. If you get there when the doors open the put some out every day.

If you're a reloader Midway and Natchez are two of my go to sites sometimes powder valley. If you're looking for loaded ammo Cabelas is one of the few that aren't taking advantage of the panic buying. If you get there when the doors open the put some out every day.

What about magnum rifle primers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosler sent an email to me stating they are having problems with the unreliable supply of brass.
They were supposed to produce a large batch of 300 WM and 300RUM in March but haven't
received the brass. No ETA given. I told them they are going to turn me into a bow hunter......
What if I told you arrows are on back order as well? Been waiting three weeks from the biggest archery supply place in the country.
might as well mention lumber too...that’s on back order also!