Ammo shortage = Increase in archery?

OXN939

WKR
I’d say it is more likely to keep some people out of the woods overall. Sure, some folks who might not have done it otherwise will turn to bow hunting for lack of ammo. But I think it is more likely hunters with no ammo or super expensive ammo will just not hunt next year. I gave 4 hunters ammo this year so they could hunt. I think next year will be even worse and people will just not go hunting.

Agreed that how expensive and difficult everything is to find will be a major factor that limits the "carrying capacity" of hunters in the field this fall, so to speak. I know several guys who have gotten discouraged by how tough it is to get their setups together and just given up.

hodgeman

WKR
Nope. There's a big gulf between hard to get ammo and someone revamping their entire hunting technique, season, and style around the bow.

Most folks just ain't that motivated.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Bows are as hard to get as anything right now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think interest in archery will continue to grow but not due to the ammo shortage. Better, easier to use equipment will get people into archery. Obviously I cant speak on every firearm hunter but everyone I know has plenty of hunting ammo for hunting. Heavy Shooters might run low but I don't see them taking up archery as they enjoy shooting their rifles. But I been wrong before.

GLB

WKR
I think it might increase some because of that. If it does, it bothers me some for the reason that someone would buy a bow to hunt with because they can’t find ammo.

To me archery and bowhunting is a commitment and needs dedicated time to practice and not something you would zero it in a week before the season and then go hunting.

No. Most people who hunt big game have a box of ammo sitting around to go hunting with. If they dont then they certainly are not going to go out and buy a bow and learn how to archery hunt in a few short months. They will find the ammo somewhere before hunting season.

Probably 80% of hunting tv in the last 15 years has been Archery. Rutting bulls and bucks, nice weather camping, cool kids hamming it up dressed in the latest hunting fashions.
I believe that is and will continue to be the driving influence of archery.
COVID has caused a large increase in all outdoor activities.

Im guessing much like everything else, most archery equipment is made overseas.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Probably 80% of hunting tv in the last 15 years has been Archery. Rutting bulls and bucks, nice weather camping, cool kids hamming it up dressed in the latest hunting fashions.
I believe that is and will continue to be the driving influence of archery.
COVID has caused a large increase in all outdoor activities.

Im guessing much like everything else, most archery equipment is made overseas.
On the contrary, most archery equipment is made here. A handful of companies import equipment, but the majority of archery gear is made in the US, Canada, or Mexico, not Asia.

On the contrary, most archery equipment is made here. A handful of companies import equipment, but the majority of archery gear is made in the US, Canada, or Mexico, not Asia.

Thats refreshing to hear. I assumed the American companies would source much of their rubber, plastic, and other hardware parts from over seas.