Ammunition shortages..

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
Ammo shortage is starting to go away. As always, it will recover. Snag it when it's cheap, not after any presidential election.

MY LOCAL WALMART TODAY

Box of 308 Core-Lokt = $19.83
100 CCI MiniMAG 22LR = $7.82

They had 30-06, 243, 270, and a few other cartridges. Limit 3 boxes. No way any of this would be on the shelf three months ago, or even last month probably.

One thing about Walmart, unlike all those online aholes, they don't gouge.

Walmart might not gouge but I have seen a 10% increase in prices there. That seems about standard across the local big box stores though so might be the new norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Walmart might not gouge but I have seen a 10% increase in prices there. That seems about standard across the local big box stores though so might be the new norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is going to be the norm in general. Raw materials and transportation costs have skyrocketed. Manufacturers have to increase cost in tern dealers increase cost.

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
FBI background checks for new gun sales have increased now 17 months in a row. Beside the regular gun owners scooping up ammo with the time there are now more gun owners than ever and only increasing. At this rate I'm not sure the supply will bounce back unless there are additional producers added to meet the demand.

FBI background checks for new gun sales have increased now 17 months in a row. Beside the regular gun owners scooping up ammo with the time there are now more gun owners than ever and only increasing. At this rate I'm not sure the supply will bounce back unless there are additional producers added to meet the demand.
We need some strict gun control so ammo is easier to find:ROFLMAO:

this whole time in life is kind of a pita, but the gougers chap me... something about that just rubs me really the wrong way.

funny enough, the ammo I have had luck finding is 22lr of all things. I don’t have a lot by many standards, but I have as much as I need for our shooting (mainly my daughter) I would like to find some more 6.5 gender bender, but I have enough to get by, just not enough to shoot as much as I want.

I have most of the reloading components I need, but I don’t have everything I need... that’s my next goal is to get enough reloading components we can feed the 6.5’s

I have not been aggressively looking, because I was getting irritated investing so much time trying to find ammo... I don’t need it that bad, I can save the ammo for my wife and kill stuff with my bow.

I think it will gradually get better, but it’s gonna remain a thing for quite awhile

Last weekend I found 2 old boxes of .270 shells that are likely 30 years old or older. Felt like I hit a gold nugget in the closet! lol

WCB

WKR
New producers won't happen as components i.e. primers would be impossible for them to find and also a new producer that could produce at a rate that would even remotely tickle the market would take years to develop and get up and running.

Still tough to find in my area of PA. Starting to flow in a little more frequently but people arE buying it up. Haven’t seen any .308, .270, or 45-70 in awhile

MattB

WKR
Went to Big 5 yesterday and they had a pile of .223 and some .308, 9mm and .22 lr. It has been quite a while since they much of anything on their shelves.

Have plenty of ammo for all my rifles except my 7mm-08 Browning BLR. Cannot find Core Lokts 140grain PSP's anywhere. Is there much Remington Core Lokt ammo coming out? I've only seen 300 savage and 308 win available locally.

Jbehredt

WKR
Have plenty of ammo for all my rifles except my 7mm-08 Browning BLR. Cannot find Core Lokts 140grain PSP's anywhere. Is there much Remington Core Lokt ammo coming out? I've only seen 300 savage and 308 win available locally.

Quick search showed a couple boxes on gunbroker. But just a couple. Desperation prices of course.

Wags

WKR

I can’t speak for Core Lokts but I found a ton of 7mm08. If I could ship ammo I’d help you out.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I saw 7Mag core Lokts at Sportsman's a couple days ago. $41.99/box. For Core Lokts? No thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen core locts showing up at sportsmans and Walmart lately... 7mm, 243, 3006, 308 and 300 WM. About $20 at Walmart for the non magnums, $28 or so at sportsmans. None for your 7mm-08 yet though...but I think it won't be long.