Amount of water.

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
3 liter Camelback, 1 liter Nalgene, and .5 liter BeFree. I drink alot, but hate to run out before the day is over.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

3 litres a day + dehydrated meals. The Hiker Pro goes with too.

If packing into a unit with little to no water in the vicinity, I'll pack water in a week or two ahead of time.

If I don't think water is going to be available during the day I usually have 2-2.5 liters. I always have a way to purify water so if I'm hunting areas with lots of water I just carry 1L and polish it off when I find a water source then fill up again.

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
It only takes one good water scare to teach you a lesson. Learned mine 3 years ago in Colorado archery hunting.

Now I try to have 5L with me at all times. Unless I’m hunting somewhere I know for sure there’s water.

In warm archery hunts where we are hiking 10 miles a day I can easily go through 5L.

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
When hiking in, I only carry about 2L in my 3L bladder. I hunt where there is plenty of water. Once at camp I top off my 3L bladder and 1L Nalgene. I always take my PUR hiker pro for filtering water. I'll go through anywhere from 3-6 liters per day while hunting. Scouting, just about the same. Water is abundant where I hunt though.

stonewall

WKR
I like to base camp. And idk hoe much I drink around camp. When out for the day I have a 3L bladder filled. Then a nalgene with electrolyte drink

Wapiti1

WKR
I go through about 1 to 2 liters a day depending on temp and how much hiking I have to do.

The wildcard for me is food. If I am base camped and eating normal food, I drink the above. If I am eating freeze dried or really salty prepared food, I probably bump up a solid liter a day. I don't eat a lot of sodium in my non-hunting life, and it really dries me out when I do. I also feel like I pee 4 times more often.

My pack always has some purification tabs, and a small filter (non-purifying) for use in a pinch.

Jeremy