An encounter that was scary

KnCaffre

FNG
You seem to have handled it all calmly. I'm not sure I wouldn't have stayed in a F*!#*king tree. Just sayin...

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
After I seen what it was, then it was focus and calm mode after that it went to Holy shit and I can't believe that happened... with the shakes

Hunter81

FNG
I know it’s an older thread, I just joined…. That’s a freaking awesome story. Great job

Top Dog

FNG
Hunter81,
You will find that this forum is most interesting with many fine folks telling of experiences.

This is a little off thread but I read that recently,down in FL an elderly woman was walking her dog when an alligator came up out of the water and killed her. It was all captured on the park video.

The poor woman never saw it coming,it was lightening quick. Even if she were packing heat,I don't think it owuld have made a difference. 'Gators have a very small kill zone in their skull.

In my area (northeast) obviously no 'gators but we have a serious coyote problem even in suburbia. I alway pack heat.

Top Dog

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
I've never had problems with animals all the years I go out shed hunt elk hunt etc, that day tho was a first for me I've gotten a picture of a black wolf once, heard em but that's the closest I have ever been to them... got the 2 soft tanned waiting on the skulls now...

Top Dog

FNG
Cam107
That is the way it is with most folks,they go for many years w/o an encounter,then,as always,when they least expect it they have a close encounter of the worst kind.

I am happy to hear that your incident turned out well,mainly because you kept your cool and handled the incident well.

For most other folks,the ending would have been very different.

Top Dog

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
That's for sure, and I'm glad my bow was on that day lol...

Top Dog

FNG
Cam,
I will get up on my soapbox (again) and tell folks to always be wary all the time.

Just looking at the alligator attacking the 85 year old woman down in FL while walking her dog. It was caught on the park game camera and I would say that the entire incident was over in less than 4 seconds.

The poor woman was totally unaware of what was coming up behind her.

When I am out and about,my head is on a 360 degree swivel. Paranoid?? Nope just cautious.

Top Dog

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
That's good, I'm more cautious now when I go out, always looking around my surroundings...

mike1950

FNG
impressive- I was wondering when you said Wa. but you are right, I know they kill a lot of them west of the Columbia river. We are up in North Stevens county. Over run with wolfs.

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
We live close to eachother then I also live in Steven's County...