An encounter that was scary

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
First, congrats on a great experience.

As awesome as that experience was, the world needs more hunters like you. You first called the Ranger to make sure it was legal. Very impressive. Then, you thank everyone who has commented on this thread. Very good manners. Your parents taught you well.
Thank you for that...

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Heck yeah that’s way awesome!! I don’t know if I’ve ever heard a hunting story cooler then that one!!

Wow! With a bow even! I've never been in the middle of a pack, but my son was several years ago when hunting in AK. He said it was darn spooky to have them howling all around him. He only got one.

Every hunter in Washington should be thanking you! I know I am. GREAT JOB!

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Wow! With a bow even! I've never been in the middle of a pack, but my son was several years ago when hunting in AK. He said it was darn spooky to have them howling all around him. He only got one.

Every hunter in Washington should be thanking you! I know I am. GREAT JOB!
Thank you...

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
(Hey guys, I moved this awesome thread over to our Predator forum. Please follow it over here. The redirect on the previous forum will expire in 2 days. )

Last edited:
OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
(Hey guys, I moved this awesome thread over to our Predator forum. Please follow it over here. The redirect on the previous forum will expire in 2 days. )
What time is the podcast gonna be done wanna listen to it and what will the title be for it..

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
I would have but didnt know where the 3rd wolf was at so I got out of there...

Went out hunting tonight and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away 3 of the wolves broke away think they seen me I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could, I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree it worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark then as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me I yelled to stop it and when it stopped I guessed to be 30 yards. another arrow on its way and it hit its mark, it was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in... hope there's not alot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to... to add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting
Fine job. A moment you will treasure forever.

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you very much I will be hard to top that