An encounter that was scary

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Went out hunting tonight and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away 3 of the wolves broke away think they seen me I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could, I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree it worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark then as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me I yelled to stop it and when it stopped I guessed to be 30 yards. another arrow on its way and it hit its mark, it was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in... hope there's not alot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to... to add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting

Not sure anyone is going to top that. Lock the thread. I can recall a conversation with one of my Alaskan guides a couple years back who said after asking what was the one thing he was most afraid of out in the wild, as I assumingely answered for him “a brown/grizzly bear”……he replied no, not at all. A pack of wolves. Too many to keep track of and they are methodical in the moves they make.

Wow. We are on the menu when it comes to wolves, and protecting our own lives is a very serious concern and right.

Great shooting, especially considering the stress involved. Congrats on the double!

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you it was an adrenaline rush that's for sure

shooter78

FNG
Crazy encounter man - would have done the same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk