An Invitation to Prayer & Fasting 1/5/21, 1/6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those so inclined, an invitation to prayer and fasting.

As a nation, the United States has moved far from the desire God has for us as a nation. This week, 1/5 & 1/6, two important events will occur which could have profound and very different impacts upon our nation depending upon what happens. The Georgia Senate Runoff on TUE 1/5, and the Congressional certification of the Electoral College Vote on WED 1/6.

This is an invitation to fast and pray for the future of the United States, for the repentance and forgiveness of sins as a nation, the interceding of God through his Holy Spirit to turn the hearts and open the ears and eyes of many Americans to the saving grace, mercy, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death upon the cross as a ransom for their sin, to believe and have faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 3rd day, and to avail themselves of the gift of Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. And lastly, but most importantly, that the will of God will be done in our nation.

If you are inclined and moved by the Spirit to participate I invite you to pray and fast, as you are moved to do so, for one or both days.

It is time we excercise one of the most profound privileges of our faith and appeal to the throne of grace on behalf of our nation, leaders, and fellow countrymen.

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34 (NASB).

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NASB).

USMC-40

WKR
This is in God's hands, but I am praying for the wisdom to know what to do (if anything).

This is a great idea. Thank you.

USMC-40

WKR
It may be, but I'm also a firm believer that God helps those who help themselves....

It may be in his hands, but its on us to let him work through us.

I 100% agree. George Washington prayed, but also took action. At this point anyone who tells me they are 'praying about it' I am skeptical of. Prayer, though necessary, is not an effective strategy. Pray for what to do, and how to do it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Our nation has been on a downward spiral for some time now, and it's gotten exponentially worse in the last decade. I don't see it turning around anytime soon, but we also know it is going to get quite a bit worse at some point, so it might as well be now I guess. It's in God's hands, and it's His to do with as He pleases.

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
For those so inclined, an invitation to prayer and fasting.

As a nation, the United States has moved far from the desire God has for us as a nation. This week, 1/5 & 1/6, two important events will occur which could have profound and very different impacts upon our nation depending upon what happens. The Georgia Senate Runoff on TUE 1/5, and the Congressional certification of the Electoral College Vote on WED 1/6.

This is an invitation to fast and pray for the future of the United States, for the repentance and forgiveness of sins as a nation, the interceding of God through his Holy Spirit to turn the hearts and open the ears and eyes of many Americans to the saving grace, mercy, and sacrifice of Jesus Christ's death upon the cross as a ransom for their sin, to believe and have faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the 3rd day, and to avail themselves of the gift of Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. And lastly, but most importantly, that the will of God will be done in our nation.

If you are inclined and moved by the Spirit to participate I invite you to pray and fast, as you are moved to do so, for one or both days.

It is time we excercise one of the most profound privileges of our faith and appeal to the throne of grace on behalf of our nation, leaders, and fellow countrymen.

"Righteousness exalts a nation,
But sin is a disgrace to any people." Proverbs 14:34 (NASB).

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time." 1 Timothy 2:1-6 (NASB).
How are you hoping the results of those two events turn out?

“Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or preventing the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press...”

As a patriotic American, I support your right to pray for the guidance of a higher power in the administration of our country’s affairs. Whether you be Christian or Muslim or Zoroastrian or Buddhist. I generally support the ideas of religion with respect to the golden rule and I try vey hard to practice that in my life.

I will point out that fundamentalists of all stripes (especially Christians and Muslims) mistake their opinions about behavior for the will of God. So I beg you to See that if you ever manage to get things to the point where Christianity is the de facto state religion and your ideas about morality become law, then you have created a fundamentalist theocracy just like Iran. Don’t do it. Restrain yourself.

And should you and your friends fail to do so, I and tens of millions of other Americans who love our freedom will fight you tooth and nail every millimeter of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.