An Invitation to Prayer & Fasting 1/5/21, 1/6/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC-40

WKR
"As a nation, the United States has moved far from the desire God has for us as a nation."

Can you provide a source to this? Not trying to be a SA as I respect your beliefs and absolute right to those beliefs, however I am genuinely confused as to how you came upon such information. I haven't read the Bible for a very long time, however I don't recall any reference to the United States or Gods desire for our nation?
We have removed the reference to 'God' in most government buildings, we are not allowed to say the pledge of allegiance in our schools due to its reference of 'God' - we have gone so far to remove his name that we have removed the moral principles that this nation, at its founding, stood for. While many of the founding fathers were Christians by faith, the moral principles founded in Christianity guided them through the construction of our founding documents and country. We have distanced ourselves from that.

Differing opinions are welcome on Rokslide. Name-calling is not. Keep that in mind, please.

I believe but may be mistaken that other threads have been quickly deleted because they were political in nature and did not concern hunting, the outdoors, or similar policy decisions.

This is clearly a politically motivated thread based on religion.

I'm all for free speech but it seems to me that this thread does nothing to advance the purpose of this forum.

USMC-40

WKR
I didn’t know this forum was populated by the Christian version of ISIS when I joined a couple weeks ago. Disappointing.
As a person who has fought ISIS, and seen first hand what they do to people who disagree with them, or simply get in their way, I do not appreciate your words. ISIS is the human form of pure evil. Came up on the aftermath of an ISIS mass execution, where people were burned alive, and others were tortured (obviously by the remains, a very lengthy torture session) and killed.

If you think this site is the equivalent, get out of your moms basement and go get yourself some real world perspective.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm all for free speech but it seems to me that this thread does nothing to advance the purpose of this forum.
The purpose of this forum wouldn't exist without our Constitution that is designed to keep our government in check. We keep getting closer and closer to the day when the progressives get their way........."the elimination of our nation's sovereignty and our Constitution". At that point, this forum, other forums, freedoms, liberties, and rights all cease to have a purpose. So.......is this thread important? It is to American Patriots.

The purpose of this forum wouldn't exist without our Constitution that is designed to keep our government in check. We keep getting closer and closer to the day when the progressives get their way........."the elimination of our nation's sovereignty and our Constitution". At that point, this forum, other forums, freedoms, liberties, and rights all cease to have a purpose. So.......is this thread important? It is to American Patriots.
That sounds like a bit of a stretch.

As a patriotic, generally conservative leaning individual who rarely believes the government and almost never the media... I'm pretty sure we're on the same side.

My post was merely to point out that it is my opinion that the allowance of this thread and not others that are politically motivated is hypocritical.

I was given thirteen years of Catholic schooling. I know the narratives. Some drink the kool aid, some don't. I don't care what anyone believes, that is your freedom.

I don't trust "progressives" any more than you likely do. I'm not looking to be divisive here.

We have removed the reference to 'God' in most government buildings, we are not allowed to say the pledge of allegiance in our schools due to its reference of 'God' - we have gone so far to remove his name that we have removed the moral principles that this nation, at its founding, stood for. While many of the founding fathers were Christians by faith, the moral principles founded in Christianity guided them through the construction of our founding documents and country. We have distanced ourselves from that.
I'll never rest until all references to God in public places are added to with "and/or the Flying Spaghetti Monster."

Broomd

WKR
While we’re at it... did it ever occur to you for one second that God may prefer progressive leadership with an inclusive and loving view of humanity to your fear and xenophobia based conservatism?
Who's 'we're"? Obviously you disagree, so take this name-calling crap elsewhere.

Edit>>>Sure enough you've multiple posted here -- likely because you and your woke atheist clan can't abide anything posted contrary to your beliefs.

Tired of reading from those that toss rotten bait into well-meaning threads.

USMC-40

WKR
I'll never rest until all references to God in public places are added to with "and/or the Flying Spaghetti Monster."
I appreciate your opinion. Let me tell you a story - On Camp Pendleton (USMC base in CA), there is a smaller camp, Camp Horno, home of 1st Marine Regiment. During my first four years I was an infantryman assigned to an infantry battalion at Camp Horno. Way up high on the ridge there was a monument, a large cross actually, that was carried up there by two men that were literally two of the baddest dudes Ive ever met, Jeremy Graczyk, and Doug Ziembiec (both men were killed while serving). They carried this massive cross up some of the steepest terrain on Pendleton, and it was about 2500-3000' above the camp. They stood the cross up, and every Marine assigned to 1stMarReg that lost their life, a smaller memorial was set up for them under the cross. The smaller memorials grew, and this became a very sacred place for all of us. The ACLU caught wind of this cross, and ordered its removal. Why? Because they tear at the thread of this country. Because everything it stood for went against everything they had in their agenda. So, the cross was removed. We were angry. When I returned from a later deployment with a different unit, I went back to Camp Horno and hiked up to honor some of my friends. What I found made my day/week. Hundreds of smaller crosses had been erected.

If you hate what this country stands for, and there is no denying the principles on which it was founded, why are you still here? Instead of 'fundamentally changing' the greatest nation in the history of nations, why dont you find a place where your values align?

Broomd

WKR
That’s more of a “label” than name calling. Applaud your attempt at being cute though 😂
+1...
And the reason he posted is hatred of God or the concept of God, and those who profess to believe or worship God.
This behavior is the norm with virtually every Progressive in this country--from well-meaning threads like this, all the way to anti-US ANTIFA rallies.

Always the same, and frankly it's likely meant to get threads like this locked.

*Wanna give a shout out to the OP for the bravery to post this thread.* I'll ignore further noise here.

EastMT

WKR
I listened to an interview with Penn Jillette with a LDS host, talking about the fact that he’s agnostic and the host had invited him to church.

Penn very nicely put out there are that if the host truly thought he would spend all of eternity with him, it made him feel good that he invited him and wanted him there with him, was not offended in the slightest, but appreciated his heart.

I thought that was a nice way to put it, respectfully disagree, and make your own decision. He turned him down but not in a hateful angry way, I can respect that.

As a Christian, I do not want a govt choosing or even leaning towards a religion. Why? Because when a new govt is elected, they can then change the religion of choice to something I don’t agree with. I prefer to keep my politics and religion separate. I have no problem if a marine puts up a cross, or a Jewish marine puts up a Star of David, or if an Islamic person puts up a crescent as long as it isn’t an order by a commander, people forced to participate, that is freedom of religion. Somehow people have decided freedom from religion is the law.

I don’t spend my day being offended by something not aligned with my beliefs, that’s for snowflakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really should not jump back in this thread but this cracked me up...and using the same logic as you, should those rooting for liberal domination be banned from owning firearms and gas cars? lol
They probably drive electric cars and root for banning guns...

Riplip

WKR

Not sure why you quoted my post on this as I was simply inquiring as to how the OP came to know what Gods desire was for our nation as referenced in his post?

In response to your post it appears that you are saying (and please correct me if I am mistaken) that if one does not believe in God or simply holds a different opinion on the reference to God in public schools and institutions they are somehow less morally principled? Were the founding fathers that were not Christians, secondary or less important than the more Christian founding fathers? Once again I am not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.