Anchorage/Girdwood, AK 2nd wk October?

Sled

WKR
I have a work trip scheduled in the middle of October to Alyeska. I plan to bring the family up a few days ahead of that. My wife really wants to fish while we're up there and bring back a fish box. At that time it seems like the rivers are the only areas still productive and open for fishing. Are there any guide services you'd recommend or areas to look at?

Not going to be filling much for fish boxes in the rivers. Salmon runs will be done. Best get would be to send emails/call charters in homer for a winter king/rockfish trip

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Not going to be filling much for fish boxes in the rivers. Salmon runs will be done. Best get would be to send emails/call charters in homer for a winter king/rockfish trip

Are the silvers and steelhead worth fishing in the kenai river at that time?

You could probably get into some later season silvers on the kenai. Should be able to find some chrome ones still. They come in through out the winter but I think the majority come in around september time frame.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
There are a few guys that fish year round in Homer with charters. Big Butt Charters being one of them that my buddy owns.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hope Girdwood Brewery is still open in October- great beers!

They do have some good beer there. I usually get it to go though in those big cans. Seems like every time I’m there it’s either international bro day or there’s like a million kids running around. I’m just trying to get my buzz on and stare at girls buttholes, I don’t need those distractions.