And.... another hunting clothes brand

btindall

FNG
I would LOVE to spend a day in the financials of a company like forloh. How much do they pay the folks sewing the garments? What is the owners take home margin? Fascinating. Something I think about a lot as I work for a large retailer who directly puts approx 13mil a year into salaries in each community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to know everything that goes into the price of a companies financials check out our Radical Transparency Page.

Cheers

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to know everything that goes into the price of a companies financials check out our Radical Transparency Page.

Cheers

wow that’s really something. Made in USA at a reasonable cost. Makes you wonder about the margins on the big manufacturers making stuff overseas and then complaining that it’s just not possible to do it here.

also they are using toray fabricswhich is the same stuff that kuiu uses if I remember right

Cheers
I’ll be damned. That’s impressive. I wonder why kuiu and Sitka don’t show that info?????

Frankly I think not. My $240 jacket would be 5-600 likely. That would drastically decrease the volume of sales. So they would have to consider pivoting today direct sales which in theory eliminates jobs.

I think the difference is, large scale imported companies create secondary economies. Small direct niche companies do not necessarily do that.

I would LOVE to spend a day in the financials of a company like forloh. How much do they pay the folks sewing the garments? What is the owners take home margin? Fascinating. Something I think about a lot as I work for a large retailer who directly puts approx 13mil a year into salaries in each community.

You might think so. So did I. Then I researched it. A very well known US company whose puffy is made overseas is only 15% less expensive than the made in USA competitor, and the USA puffy had more down and better fabric.

I'm happy to pay 1/3 more for made in USA, but often it's less than 20%. If course it depends on the actual garment. Down stuff is surprisingly comparable.

TheCougar

WKR

Cheers

That’s pretty legit right there. You guys are on the list of companies to check out. But... do you blow everyone else off the mountain?!?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Frankly I think not. My $240 jacket would be 5-600 likely. That would drastically decrease the volume of sales. So they would have to consider pivoting today direct sales which in theory eliminates jobs.

I think the difference is, large scale imported companies create secondary economies. Small direct niche companies do not necessarily do that.

Why don't you look at Gulch Gear. Made in the USA and they have a transparency page. They show you exactly what each garment costs them to make. Berry compliant on most pieces, sewn in Oregon. Still cheaper than most imported brands. It can be done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’d bet a paycheck Sitka makes a higher profit margin than forloh. All on the backs of underpaid labor in a communist country.

Sitka jetstream Jacket $350
Forloh soft shell jacket $470

sitka apex pant $230
Forloh stretch pant $230

sitka core lw hoody $120
Forloh half zip $160

just my best guess at a equal comparison. Imo Forloh isn’t too far off especially considering they’re a brand new company. I’m sure Sitka buys in a much larger bulk of materials lowering their production cost that much further And raising their profit margin that much higher. so I’ll give my money to Forloh because the bigger they get the more Americans they can employ. And zero dollars go to a communist country.
I’d bet a paycheck Sitka makes a higher profit margin than forloh. All on the backs of underpaid labor in a communist country.

Sitka jetstream Jacket $350
Forloh soft shell jacket $470

sitka apex pant $230
Forloh stretch pant $230

sitka core lw hoody $120
Forloh half zip $160

just my best guess at a equal comparison. Imo Forloh isn’t too far off especially considering they’re a brand new company. I’m sure Sitka buys in a much larger bulk of materials lowering their production cost that much further And raising their profit margin that much higher. so I’ll give my money to Forloh because the bigger they get the more Americans they can employ. And zero dollars go to a communist country.
If you want to get deep on brand support.,,, Check out the guy who owns forloh. The brand ethos they post on Instagram is all bs marketing goo. He lives in Puerto Rico to avoid paying Federal taxes but is all about hunting on and supporting public lands. so my bet is he’s putting money into his pocket (fed tax free) or using this brand to take a big tax loss. Just saying if you want to talk about financial ethics this dude looks sketch AF. Plus I don’t like that a guy would start a brand in Montana and talk all about public lands while his wifey is playing on a yacht. It’s all a show no go. Dude doesn’t check out.

Looks a lot like Kuiu Verde...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
That’s exactly what I thought. Doesn’t seem that ground breaking, for the price I’d have to see how it performs but I’ll let other people pay the $ first.
The difference imo is one of what margins the ceo and owner are ok with. The numbers work out as a niche technical hunting clothing supplier to sell low volume at prices like forloh has for the ceo and owner to make low 6 figures. But man if you outsource overseas then you can make 7 figures.

watch shark tank. The sharks flip shit if the product is made in the USA and getting double digit margin. 1st question they ask is why so low?
Meh answer is easy. The owner is super rich dude who lives in Puerto Rico to avoid taxes. My guess forloh is a write off. He’s flying around the world during covid going in private hunts. Meanwhile it’s bow season here, nights are getting cool, and the elk are bugling. it’s time to get after it.

Landon4

Lil-Rokslider
I have some kuiu gear in the verde color, it’s pretty comfy and repels water well.

4dcfries

FNG
That’s exactly what I thought. Doesn’t seem that ground breaking, for the price I’d have to see how it performs but I’ll let other people pay the $ first.

Meh answer is easy. The owner is super rich dude who lives in Puerto Rico to avoid taxes. My guess forloh is a write off. He’s flying around the world during covid going in private hunts. Meanwhile it’s bow season here, nights are getting cool, and the elk are bugling. it’s time to get after it.
The real fact is the guy is a rich person..guess you need to be to start a company like this..but in fact he does not live in Puerto Rico..he lives in Montana. He did get a crazy contract under Whitefish energy company to work in PR after the hurricane.
His model is very good though on the clothing line. All sourced materials from the US and all made at locations here in the US. I sent an email off to KUIU to ask about the China supply chain they have. They have moved 90 percent out of China but not to the US. So hunting brothers and sisters if you work in the US and have an idea of supporting our workers here then this is an option to consider. You can take exception to his contract in PR but not him being rich. At least he is attempting to provide a living for those who like to work within the industry of hunting and provide a choice to all of us looking to source our goods here in the USA.

j33

WKR
The real fact is the guy is a rich person..guess you need to be to start a company like this..but in fact he does not live in Puerto Rico..he lives in Montana. He did get a crazy contract under Whitefish energy company to work in PR after the hurricane.
His model is very good though on the clothing line. All sourced materials from the US and all made at locations here in the US. I sent an email off to KUIU to ask about the China supply chain they have. They have moved 90 percent out of China but not to the US. So hunting brothers and sisters if you work in the US and have an idea of supporting our workers here then this is an option to consider. You can take exception to his contract in PR but not him being rich. At least he is attempting to provide a living for those who like to work within the industry of hunting and provide a choice to all of us looking to source our goods here in the USA.

I don’t think of my Kuiu clothes is from China?

Vietnam, Ethiopia, etc....

4dcfries

FNG
I don’t think of my Kuiu clothes is from China?

Vietnam, Ethiopia, etc....
In their email they said they have moved their supply chain mostly out of China (only 10% is left being sourced out of China ) BUT they did not source it in the USA. That was my point. If you were a consumer that was interested in having your dollars support American workers then the choices for gear made in America is other than Kuiu and Sitka. Not sure who makes Stone Glacier clothes...although their packs say made in the USA.

sneaky

"DADDY"
In their email they said they have moved their supply chain mostly out of China (only 10% is left being sourced out of China ) BUT they did not source it in the USA. That was my point. If you were a consumer that was interested in having your dollars support American workers then the choices for gear made in America is other than Kuiu and Sitka. Not sure who makes Stone Glacier clothes...although their packs say made in the USA.
Stone Glacier clothes are imported as well

sneaky

"DADDY"

You'll fit right in with the incoming administration who has zero problem with selling out the American worker for cheap Chinese labor. Maybe you can dig in to their financials as well. I bet they would be far more intriguing than those of FORLOH.

Kuiu only sources their web belt in USA. It’s made by Bison.

I’m really excited about another company making stuff in the USA. It is a worthy endeavor and I will do my best to buy American made first. I will chose made in any other county other than China 🇨🇳 if there isn’t an American made option.

I was really sorry we lost Sixsite Gear last year, they were great quality and it’s sad the hunting community chose to support foreign made brands over gear made right here.

My wife got Gulch camo for Christmas and she loves the fit and quality. She wants a second complete set and is getting it for her birthday. The Inceptor pants and jacket have imported fabric, but some “Made in USA” is better than none.

Our family is also wearing gear from Duckworth, all made in USA.

I look forward to trying some more new stuff made right here in America. This effort should be applauded, all you haters keep sending your paychecks to Xi Xingping.

So I’m curious, because I’ve been looking at FORLOH, has anybody tried any of their items? I’ve watched a few review videos on YouTube about their base layers, but I’m more interested in their outer layers.
I’d be interest to see if anybody on this forum has personally tried their product.