And here it comes...

tdhanses

WKR
Kinda thought that is what forums are for, To share information and to help people.

They are to learn not get free advice and never return, 99% of these kind of posts you’ll never see the poster return until they need more info.

tdhanses

WKR
How do you grumpy fellas feel about Newberg and the gohunt guys? It's not the same, right?

Many a TV show, magazine, etc has ruined a good spot pointing out a direct area. I’ve never seen Randy point anyone to a direct unit or area.

GoHunt has given notice to areas that went under the radar but they don’t specifically say only this unit is good in each state.

So what I'm hearing is Colorado has good elk hunting and I should apply? I mean if it wasn't good hunting why would anyone be curious about it?

tdhanses

WKR
So what I'm hearing is Colorado has good elk hunting and I should apply? I mean if it wasn't good hunting why would anyone be curious about it?

Because it’s the easiest place to get a tag, compared to other states it has about 10x the pressure because of this. I bet 75% of elk hunters either don’t see an elk or see one close or only have one encounter. People keep coming back because it’s western hunting. Also it’s the closest state to midwestern and eastern states, so it’s just easier to travel to.

Because it’s the easiest place to get a tag, compared to other states it has about 10x the pressure because of this.
I was really just being a smartass. Colorado is a far off idea for me, for now I will focus on my home state of Idaho. Which is terrible hunting by the way and there is zero reason to ever want to hunt here.

tdhanses

WKR
I was really just being a smartass. Colorado is a far off idea for me, for now I will focus on my home state of Idaho. Which is terrible hunting by the way and there is zero reason to ever want to hunt here.

Haha, yeah but I bet some think that way. I think if more people hunted the ID jungle for their first experience we would have less pressure overall, just tell them all elk hunting is like that.