And it was then he realized.......

Real men practice fingers after they have dialed in for just this reason. . . Real men then also realize there is no consistent pattern when randomly shooting fingers and limit their finger shooting range to 8 yards and in.

Then they order a second and possibly a third release to stash and carry!

So lucky for you you already got that second release coming!

tater

WKR
Many years ago a buddy and i were five hours into a fifteen hour drive headed to help him fill a limited entry moose tag. It was a banzai drive because of our work schedules and we were determined to make it work.

I was filling up my truck with fuel when he walked around the cab at midnight and said "Uh, are you sure i need my tags AND the letter of authorization?".
Back then if you didn't have the draw authorization letter on you, you weren't legal.

Made a long drive LOT longer after we turned around and drove back the five hours to his place then promptly did the turn and burn back on to the highway.

After arriving in camp flat out smoked he then announces that he forgot his boots AND his sleeping pad.

Quin

FNG
I had a buck come in right at dusk. The rifle went bang (so far so good I guess). He did a death sprint into some brush and brambles and I heard him crash down. After brush beating more so than blood trailing, there he is. "Okay, lets grab my knife now... I guess I must have put it in my other pocket... Not there, huh, I must not have felt it in the 1st pocket then... WTF, I just had it 30 minutes ago, its got to be in my other pocket, etc. etc. etc."

Yep, I got an animal down before realizing I had lost my knife.

Another hunter borrowed me one later that night so that part ended okay at least. Near as I can tell, it fell out of my pocket somehow while looking for the deer in the brush.

Fitzwho

WKR
I run up to a glassing spot just 10yards or so from the truck to look into a spot a couple hundred yards away, only to find the biggest mule deer I have seen on the hoof less than 30 yards away staring at me. but guess what was in the truck? My muzzleloader...

Made it to the truck and back in time to make a hurried shot and totally whiff at literally 30 yards.

170+ deer, maybe bigger, we’ll never know. This happened this past Saturday 10/24.

I had a buck come in right at dusk. The rifle went bang (so far so good I guess). He did a death sprint into some brush and brambles and I heard him crash down. After brush beating more so than blood trailing, there he is. "Okay, lets grab my knife now... I guess I must have put it in my other pocket... Not there, huh, I must not have felt it in the 1st pocket then... WTF, I just had it 30 minutes ago, its got to be in my other pocket, etc. etc. etc."

Yep, I got an animal down before realizing I had lost my knife.

Another hunter borrowed me one later that night so that part ended okay at least. Near as I can tell, it fell out of my pocket somehow while looking for the deer in the brush.
I've gutted a few with a broadhead with all the blades removed but one

One time turkey hunting a cold spring weekend @ahcraig87 forgot his sleeping pad and I think intentionally didn't bring a tent. It was going to be cold, like hard frost cold, and I had an extra pad I offered him. But no, dude just climbed in his bag, cinched it up over his head and racked out directly on the ground. Marines, man.

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
When you get fresh snow on the ground, get off work race home excited, change into hunting clothes and race to your stand for a morning hunt get all your gear ready, safety harness check, backpack check, head lamp check, bow sitting at home check...

I've been in the tree before realizing I forgot my quiver. I've forgotten my release. And one time I got up there and had all field points on my arrows. It happens man!

Left Boise on a 12-hour drive to British Columbia for salmon fishing. Three hours later, while gassing up in La Grande, OR, I realized my passport was still on my dresser at home. My fishing buddy couldn't understand why I was suddenly swearing and laughing at the same time. He didn't talk at all on the ride back to Boise. We just started fresh the next day.

DMurphy

FNG
When I was a kid, my dad took me on a pheasant hunt after he finished up his midnight shift. It was about a four hour drive. At his request, I packed the hunting gear so we could leave as soon as he got home. I packed his Diet Cokes and my waters, some choco donuts, ammo and the double gun case. The case he had recently swapped out for a new one, removing both guns. I learned something about unconditional love that day. And the “f-word”; I also leaned some things about the “f-word” that day!