and off to the bow shop I go....Damnit

Luked

WKR
out shooting today trying a new release that i bought earlier today. got a B3 Exit thumb button style. trying to get rid of the wrist rocket.
shot quite a few groups and getting my grove when i tried to let one down i must have bumped it and it went off. luckily i was on the down side of letting it down and just derailed my bow string. and popped the peep out.
so since i dont have a press ill have to stop by the shop tomorrow after work to see if they can put it back on.
hate not having a press at home. so guess ill be looking to buy one of those soon.

Rob5589

WKR
Oops! That's the reason I never draw my bows without an arrow. You just never know. Fulcrum Archery has the EZ Green for 365 bucks. I've never seem them that cheap. Jump on it quick!

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
In situations like this you should invest in a bow master (portable press). Idk if you do any back country hunts but it’s nice to at least leave it in the truck for emergency's! Better than hiking 8 miles back to the truck than calling it a trip 👍🏻

Not on you op, but everyone keeps going on about not needing a press when you have this or that bow, here's an example why most everyone needs a press....

Hopefully you get straightened out.

Rob5589

WKR
A Bowmaster can get you by a lot of the time, I used one for years. But it won't take the place of a full size press.

Does the bow master have enough compression to fix derailed cams?

I guess the new one has more compression than the older model, but I don't feel like either have a lot of stroke.

I take one alot of places with old strings, but haven't really messed with it. Maybe I should figure out what it can do.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Billy on this. Though the others may work in a pinch , having a good press is hard to beat for ease of work and from the safety aspect. Now I will say I was impressed with the Synum press for compression but wasn’t as easy to work on bows with it. The last chance presses are a good value and if you are looking for a good press find a bow-a-constrictor. Best press I’ve ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider

I guess the new one has more compression than the older model, but I don't feel like either have a lot of stroke.

I take one alot of places with old strings, but haven't really messed with it. Maybe I should figure out what it can do.
The answer is yes…

I recently built a Frankenstein bow with a triax riser and 80lb monster wake limbs. I used my bow master, gloves, safety glasses, and a heavy ass jacket just incase. :oops:

Rob5589

WKR

For sure. The only thing I found it could not do was a limb change. The jack screw doesn't have enough length.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
For sure. The only thing I found it could not do was a limb change. The jack screw doesn't have enough length.
depends on the bow. I changed out the limbs on my triax but had to zip tie the limbs to the bow master limb attachments to get the hooks to stay at a certain angle until the limbs started to compress

I used my bow master, gloves, safety glasses, and a heavy ass jacket just incase. :oops:

had to zip tie the limbs
I think we're cut from the same cloth.

A full-sized press is no doubt superior in every way except cost and portability. It's easier/faster/safer to use, has a larger range of travel, and there are no cables/ropes interfering with the work to be done. But the typical bowhunter will understandably balk at spending $400+ on a tool he'll rarely use, hence the niche for portable presses.

Google" building a pipe bow press, Archery Talk," Love mine...cost was $5.00 for wood for the jaws. Neighbor gave me the pipe clamp...normally $30 or so with the pipe.

MT257

WKR
Just gonna say bite the bullet and buy a press. I kicked the idea around for a few years and finally bought one. I wish I’d have done it sooner.

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
I think we're cut from the same cloth.

A full-sized press is no doubt superior in every way except cost and portability. It's easier/faster/safer to use, has a larger range of travel, and there are no cables/ropes interfering with the work to be done. But the typical bowhunter will understandably balk at spending $400+ on a tool he'll rarely use, hence the niche for portable presses.
I think we are from the same origin haha

all are valid points and exactly why I use my portable press! Space is the biggest thing for me. I currently live in a apartment so I decided to get the big Weston arrow saw, a full size draw board with the stand, a g2 chronograph on a tripod just to match my bow master! :ROFLMAO:

oh and it goes well with my bow vise that’s clamped to my kitchen table year round!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
shot quite a few groups and getting my grove when i tried to let one down i must have bumped it and it went off. luckily i was on the down side of letting it down and just derailed my bow string. and popped the peep out.
Reading what you posted, it sounds like you were actually shooting (so arrow nocked), and on letting it down somehow it derailed and popped your peep out? Where did the arrow go? It should have just been an arrow released while letting down without derailing the bow. Were you really torquing the bow to one side on let down?

OP
Luked

Luked

WKR
Don't feel like I was torqueing the bow much at all really.
The arrow went about 5 feet in front of me and the nock was still on the string. So really not sure what all went on.
Had been shooting just fine before that.

Bow is a Mathews Vertix

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WKR
Ahhh... The single life is GOOD!
I think we are from the same origin haha

all are valid points and exactly why I use my portable press! Space is the biggest thing for me. I currently live in a apartment so I decided to get the big Weston arrow saw, a full size draw board with the stand, a g2 chronograph on a tripod just to match my bow master! :ROFLMAO:

oh and it goes well with my bow vise that’s clamped to my kitchen table year round!