Anesthesia hangover

260madman

WKR
I feel like crap after my knee surgery yesterday. Anesthesia is taking forever to wear off. Cotton mouth is bad but drinking water slowly because my stomach feels a bit weird yet.

One knee done possibly the other one in a month.

ODB

WKR
I’ve heard of drunk texting, but anesthesia posting? A new one on me...;-)

Seriously, hope you mend quick. A friend (44) had his knee replaced and was back up in no time. Good luck.

• Banned
OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
This one has stuck with me longer than others (I’ve been under 5 times). I was out of recovery in my room and the nurse commented my eyes were everywhere. I told her I was exhausted and she said she could tell so had me sleep for a bit before being released. At least my wife had a good time talking with the nurses.

Scrappy

WKR
Ive been under twice and both time I come out fighting. I'm talking about knock down drag out fighting. Both time recovery folks have been hit from my violence. Anyone else have this reaction.

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
Man a few weeks ago I had the worst headache ever the day of and well into the night after my hand surgery. Never had that happen the last 3 times I was under. It was brutal.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ive been under twice and both time I come out fighting. I'm talking about knock down drag out fighting. Both time recovery folks have been hit from my violence. Anyone else have this reaction.

I've been known to have that reaction as well........or maybe that's just normal for me.....who can tell. When my grandpa was 92 he had a stroke and was literally throwing orderlies over the gurney while laying on it. Took 6 of them to hold him down. The Dr. came out and told my Dad......"His mind is elsewhere, but his muscle tone and strength is fantastic".

• Banned
OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
Once the nurse had me awake he started talking with me about my job to help the wake up process. He learned a little but I hope. LOL

No problems here. Two surgeries in four years (6-hour knee reconstruction and contouring after finger amputation), and when I come out it's almost like I was never drugged up. Maybe it depends on what they use, because 15 years ago after shoulder surgery I was staggering and sick for hours.

wyosam

WKR

It's not terribly uncommon. Had a guy try to bite me once.

OP
260madman

260madman

WKR
Usually when I come out I want my wife to take her clothes off and I try to undress her. This time I wasn’t quite so frisky.

WKR

Is that where your username comes from? Sounds like it fits.

jb1842

FNG
I've been put under 3 times this past year for back issues, and 2 other times for Upper GI scopes. I usually come out really well, but the first surgery screwed me up. Ended up getting an ambulance ride to the ER the night I was released from the hospital. Vomiting, couldn't breath, chest pain. The last time a month ago I was coming out of it in the surgery room and remember the dr yelling at me to lay down before they put me back under more. I get to go under 2 more in the next month, too! Not looking forward to the wrist surgery, because they are going to put a nerve blocker in my arm, so I won't be able to use it for close to 24 hours.