Angled or Straight Spotter w. Window Mount

Hey guys, looking to pick up a mid-level 65mm or 85mm spotter to keep in the truck and use with an Owtdoorsmans window mount. What's the most efficient and comfortable configuration for glassing from the truck, angled or straight? Thanks

OP
ElkArcher918
Easier for me to use angled, less sitting crosswise in the seat. But I use my angled 90% of the glassing I do vs the straight scopeI have.
Are you rotating the angled scope body left or right to help minimize sitting crosswise and adding comfort while glassing?

tdot

WKR
Depends on where you're glassing. If it's out into fields, then a straight is more comfy. Up into mountains, then an angled is more better. IMO

Rotating the angled can work pretty well for horizantal viewing as well.

HalfmanB

FNG
I have vortex window mount and spotter. It is impossible for me to get above mine to glass on my angled spotter. Literally isn’t room for my head to get above. I can’t class from window unless it using my phone skope.

Are you rotating the angled scope body left or right to help minimize sitting crosswise and adding comfort while glassing?

Rotating the barrel so the eyepiece is pointing back towards you on the Swaro so you sit more straight ahead. Takes a bit of getting use to setting up and finding things. Works well though.

Whisky

WKR
I kinda agree with some of the others. A few years ago I would have said straight without hesitation. Now I have a couple years experience using the angled. You definitely can cover more ground without moving the pickup and twisting your ass uncomfortably in the seat. It does take some practice to park the pickup in the right spot for the area you want to glass. Rotating scope body is a must for angled in a pickup.

All that said, if it's a dedicated pickup scope like you make it sound, I'd probably go straight...

Hey guys, looking to pick up a mid-level 65mm or 85mm spotter to keep in the truck and use with an Owtdoorsmans window mount. What's the most efficient and comfortable configuration for glassing from the truck, angled or straight? Thanks
lot of people use a straight for window glassing . however you can turn an angled sideways if want an angled for glassing on foot. if you are getting one just for the truck id reccomend a straight.

It's a personal thing. Try both, then decide for yourself what works for you. And remember, not all angled scopes are capable of rotating.

For me, it's straight. However, I really don't use it too much on the window.