Annealers

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I am fairly set on buying one of these. Several brands out there, plenty of differences in functionality but in general all do what they're supposed to. Have my eye on the annealeez as it seems to be cost effective. Anyone have any input on this brand? Don't really want to cough up much more for an annealer and won't build a DIY model. But if this thing works for those that have one, I'm apt to purchase it. If there's another model out there that's close in function and price, I'd be curious to research that as well.

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a bench source that works great, but for the ease of just loading a hopper and letting the annealeze do all the brass with out messing around and loading the carousel on the bench source, i would not hesitate to have the annealeze. If i did it over i would get that

I have one of the early run annealeez rigs, it works.

There are a couple aspects I find inconvenient:
1. adjusting the direction of the flame is a tedious pain in the ass but it seems like the eez torch mount might have improved that.
2. gettng it set to the right speed every time you change cartridges

I do long for an A.M.P. setup but damn are they expensive!

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to go with annealeze when I was shopping for an annealer, but after researching and finding people having to recalibrate their times with a new bottle every time. I wanted the most consistency as I am using it for rifles shooting over 1,000 yards so ended up with the AMP annealer and works awesome. If you are not worried about shooting that far then I think its a great well priced option.

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies guys. The AMP is just a weeee bit out of my price range. As far as adjusting timing, my plan was to buy templac and a donor case to get that figured out. Not too much of an inconvenience imo

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
I was going to go with annealeze when I was shopping for an annealer, but after researching and finding people having to recalibrate their times with a new bottle every time. I wanted the most consistency as I am using it for rifles shooting over 1,000 yards so ended up with the AMP annealer and works awesome. If you are not worried about shooting that far then I think its a great well priced option.
Problem is too though, depending on where you are annealing (inside,outside, garage or shed) the temperature makes a difference i have noticed, so i always have a piece of brass i keep in a bix by my annealer and i test it through first then run my good brass through. I have annealed when it is see your breath cold and sweating standing there hot and the burn times are different