Annihilator Broadheads?

Zac

WKR
Anyone tried these or heard the claims they are making? Apparently they are supposed to blow a round hole instead of a slice.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have. I haven't shot them through an animal, but that is because they wont make it into my quiver.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
They have an incredible amount of drag. I didn’t do much tuning with them, but at 80 yards they were about 15” low of my field point, but they were very close at 55. It seemed the shape of that head had a point of diminishing return at a certain distance. They were very quiet though as I had a guy stand down range and record it.

I also think the design would be rough for any lower poundage bows, but that is based solely on my opinion.

Beendare

WKR
They have an incredible amount of drag.......

You can tell that just by looking at them. Designed along the lines of those bullets; the Lehigh penetrators...except we are talking arrows here at much slower speeds.

We all know what happens when we start comparing bullets to arrows.....its like apples to mason jars....totally incongruous.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Would the drag be more accurate at closer ranges? I heard a podcast where their sales rep said they were made for moderate hunting ranges.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would the drag be more accurate at closer ranges? I heard a podcast where their sales rep said they were made for moderate hunting ranges.

Well he is a “sales rep!”

I was told today at a tournament we shot broadhead at that they said they were shooting 3”groups at 100 with FP’s. If that was the case, who ever was doing the shooting should turn pro, as I have never seen someone shoot 3” groups at 100 consistently.

OP
Z

Zac

WKR
Yeah I wasn't sure if the drag function was supposed to enhance accuracy similar to what Muzzy and Ramcat do with their heads.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have been shooting them for the last few weeks along with several other broadheads for testing. They fly very well out of my set up out to 60 yards (I haven’t shot them past that). My bow set ups are Bowtech Realm X 53 pounds, 29.5” draw shooting a Victory 350 RIP with 50 grain brass insert total arrow weight 447. The arrow speed is 253 the other bow is a Mathews Traverse same specs as the Realm X

The Annihilator are small compared out other heads. I believe this is a new company out of Boise, Idaho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharpbb14

FNG
They have an incredible amount of drag. I didn’t do much tuning with them, but at 80 yards they were about 15” low of my field point, but they were very close at 55. It seemed the shape of that head had a point of diminishing return at a certain distance. They were very quiet though as I had a guy stand down range and record it.

I also think the design would be rough for any lower poundage bows, but that is based solely on my opinion.

Sorry for the late response to your post, but curious of which head were you using of theirs; the 100 or 125 grn?

Bhunt02

FNG
Anyone tried these or heard the claims they are making? Apparently they are supposed to blow a round hole instead of a slice.
I used these all this year. I shot a lot just nights after work because I had a lot of time being away from the family at work. I tested them out to 100 yards. Very consistent and true out to about 87 yards and after that, they dropped about 4 inches lower out to 105. I killed my bull this year and the entry hole was incredible. He it wasn’t a perfect shot but he only went 70 yards and died within 1-2 minutes. They are impressive

Bhunt02
Any pics of the entry and or exit of the elk you killed this year? I'm interested in possibly trying these broadheads out this year or shooting the new Iron Will broadheads

I shot a whitetail doe in late December with a 100 grain annihilator and a total arrow weight of 512 grains. The penetration and wound channel was impressive. I shot another doe with an Iron will 100 grain same arrow setup, also impressive. I was trying to decide between the two for an elk hunting setup, I still haven't picked one over the other.

It wasn't a fair comparison due to shot placement varying. The annihilator hit forward, through the heaviest part of the shoulder, broke a rib bone both going in and coming out, and finally imbedded in the elbow socket on the out leg.(40 yard shot) The deer died within 25 yards and 10 seconds. The Iron will hit behind the lungs and took out the liver, broke one rib bone and sunk 10" into frozen ground after passing through.(23yard shot) The deer only went about 75 yards, but I waited overnight to recover just incase. I was happy with both heads. This summer I will do some longer range shooting to make my final decision.

Any additional feedback on the heads at longer distances (40-80 yds)? I am considering these for elk this year. (75lb draw, 550 gr total arrow weight, 270 fps)